Thanks for the Memories

You started to speak to try and explain yourself, but Thomas didn't want to listen.

"Every single time, Y/N! Every single time it's always like this, nothing is new," said Thomas, rummaging his blond hair furiously. He was slouched on his chair, a look of disappointment completely visible on his face. The back of your eyes start to burn.

"Thomas, I'm really sorry. I-I was just..." You falter. You know that whatever you'll say wouldn't help, because it is entirely your fault. It was your 3rd anniversary and you forgot, again. You didn't know why, exactly. It was hard keeping up with time especially when you're busy with work, plus the pressure that your father keeps pushing you with.

"Stop, okay? For the 3rd time, you've got me waiting for hours and I was sitting there alone looking like a total idiot!" Tears started rolling down his cheeks. You hate it when he cries, it makes you feel really guilty and makes you want to cry yourself. He kept his face buried in his hands.

When he finally lifted his head, he stared at you coldly. His eyes were so stern, yet full of hurt.

"We should end this, right now," he said in such stoicism.

You started to protest, but it was too late. When Thomas says it that way, it's always too late. You just nod your head slowly, fighting the next wave of tears approaching.

"I'm sorry. I love you," you said finally, tears flowing down your face.

Then suddenly, his expression turned to stone.

"Yeah, whatever. Thanks for the memories."

With that, he walked away, leaving you in your own darkness.

booknerdist