green tea latte ; tsukishima

(y/n) hurriedly slipped on her shoes, closing the door behind her. she fixed her hair and started to speed-walk towards her (part-time) workplace; which was, cliché enough, a cafe.

she wasn't exactly late, but it was almost time for her to clock in anyway. plus, she lived pretty close to the cafe so she didn't have to worry about being late at all.

while trying to plug her earphones in, (y/n) didn't exactly see where she was going, and that resulted in her bumping into someone rather tall. it was so sudden that she got pushed back a bit, almost tripping on her feet.

(y/n) looked up to apologize to the person she bumped into, and her (e/c) eyes met with brown ones. she realized that she had bumped into a rather attractive blond, glasses-wearing male. he had white headphones around his neck, and he was wearing a simple sweater. (y/n) blushed slightly and bowed, muttering an apology, loud enough for the male to hear.

(y/n) brushed past him, not bothering to hear anything that he had to say. she played the music on her phone and shoved it in her pocket, now paying attention to where she was walking.

it wasn't long before (y/n) finally reached her destination. she opened the door, immediately noticing that the counter was vacant, meaning that her coworker / friend was in the storage - and/or locker - room.

"(f/n)-chan! i'm here!" (y/n) called out, taking her earphones off after she had paused the song she was listening to. she took off her coat and began to fold it. "are we ready to open yet?"

(y/n) walked into the storage room, where (f/n) was cleaning and fixing some things. (f/n) nodded as she placed all the different types of coffee beans, flour, and milk in their rightful places. "go ahead and flip the sign. i have a few more things to do back here," she said.

(y/n) nodded as she walked further in the room, straight towards her locker. she opened it and placed her bag, phone, and coat inside before grabbing her apron - which was basically the 'uniform' - and closing her locker.

the (h/c) haired girl then proceeded to (tie/clip) her hair so it would be more comfortable as she went to the cafe's door and flipped the sign so it would say 'open'.

after that, (y/n) went behind the counter, quietly humming to herself. she looked up at the menu - which was written in chalk - and nodded to herself once she saw that everything was readable.

just as she was about to call (f/n) to the counter - because it was her job to man the register -, the door opened.

(y/n) turned her head towards the newcomer with a wide grin that caused her eyes to close slightly. "welcome! what can i get for ya?"

(y/n)'s grin turned into a normal smile and her eyes opened, only to widen once she saw who was in front of her, across the counter.

she gulped slightly before awkwardly stepping forward to the cash register. clearing her throat, (y/n) managed to somewhat calm her nerves and a genuine smile appeared on her beautiful face once again.

"you're the one who bumped into me earlier," the tall, blonde, glasses-and-headphones-wearing male stated, voice flat.

(y/n)'s lips formed a thin line. she stepped back a bit and bowed. "i'm really sorry for bumping into you earlier," she said, before straightening her back again. "now, what'll it be today?"