I Love You (1)

Neji looks up at the starry sky. His tears freely flow down his cheeks. As the wind blows, his hair soars behind him.

He pulls his knees up to his chest. Despite the fact that he had just finished a mission that practically saved his village, he didn't feel happy.

His other teammates were happy with their significant others while he was alone. He had been alone for a few months now. It wasn't fair.

"Why are you crying?" Neji's heart stops for a moment. He looks behind him. There he was, in all of his glory. "I'm back, my queen," Menma says.

Neji cries out and jumps into Menma's awaiting arms. "You're back!" He snuggles into Menma's warm chest.

They stand there in silence for a bit. Menma runs his hand through Neji's hair. "You left me. You left me for so long, Menma," Neji says. The Hyuga begins to cry again. "I missed you so much. You didn't send a note or anything."

Menma sighs. He pulls away from his queen. "Neji," he says softly. He grips the smaller boy's chin and tilts it up. He places his lips on Neji's soft ones.

Neji responds to the slow, sensual kiss. It was as if so many words were spoken in the kiss alone. When they part, Neji keeps his eyes closed with a small smile. He opens his eyes and doesn't see Menma anywhere in sight.

He looks down and sees the black-haired boy down on one knee. Neji gasps.

"I know we're young, but I can't help but think we can take it to the next level. Neji, I'm sorry I didn't send a note. I had actually finished the mission a while ago. I stayed away because I was searching for a ring that would suit my queen. I love you, Neji Hyuga. Your intelligence, your humor, your eyes, and your lips. Oh my, your lips. They are as soft as a feather. You are the most beautiful I have ever laid eyes on. We don't have to get married soon, for I know we are only just starting to get to know each other. I will wait however long. I just want to be with you and only you. Neji Hyuga, will you marry me?"

Neji covers his mouth. "Yes, my king. I will marry you," he says. Menma slides the silver ring with an array of diamonds covering it. They kiss each other as if the other would disappear from their grasp. They pull away and put their foreheads together. "I love you, Menma Uzumaki-Namikaze."

"I love you too, soon to be Neji Uzumaki-Namikaze."