A day off

Zendaya wakes up, for now particular reason, feeling super comfy. Her head resting on Toms chest, listening to his slow and steady heartbeat, her arms dragged around his torso and her long legs entangled with his. She sighs and wiggles a little bit to get more comfortable.

„Morning love" she hears Toms raspy voice and feels him kiss her temple and stroke through her hair.

She looks up and realizes that Tom doesn't have a sleepy expression on his face at all as if he'd been up for hours already.

„How long have you been up for?" she asks, snuggling into his neck.

„I don't know, a while." he answers shrugging his shoulders.

„I'm sorry you can't sleep. Is it the jetlag?"

„Don't worry about it it's not your fault. I was....just thinking about stuff."

She looks up at him: „Do you wanna talk about it?" she asks.

He slightly shakes his head, as if he is trying to get the thoughts out of his head: „ No. Not at the moment" he says.

„Okay." she answers, snuggling back into his neck, stroking his bare chest.

She has been with him long enough now to know that pressuring him into talking to her would never end well. If he wants to talk about something with her, he will come to her in his own time.

„So we have the whole day to ourselves today", he says, changing the subject: „what do you wanna do?"

„I don't know I was kind of thinking about renovating my bedroom, maybe painting one of the walls in a color or something like that and I was hoping you'd help me with it."

Tom looks around the room and chuckles: „Yea your room does look pretty pale and empty, every time I walk in here it makes me feel sad."

„Hey" she says and pokes him into the side.

He starts laughing: „I'm joking, I'm joking! Hm lets see...what would you think about doing that wall over there in a nice dark blue." he says pointing at the wall on the opposite side of the bed.

She thinks about it for a second and then nods her head: „Alright lets do it" she says sitting up in bed.

„Wait do you have colors at home?" he asks.

„No of course I don't have wall painting colors at my house, but we can just go to Home Depot and get some."

Tom sighs: „So we have to leave the house? I was kind of hoping we'd just stay in today. Can't Darnell go get the colors for us?"

„Well first of all I gave Darnell the day off, he is visiting his family, and secondly do you even hear yourself? You sound like every other famous Hollywood actor: No I don't wanna go outside, the sun is too bright, I can't handle the LA air, the paparazzi, the fans, blablabla....No! One more reason to go out and get those colors ourselves. You have to be a normal person again. You are acting like an idiot so let's go." she says getting up and dragging him out of the bed as well.

„Alright I just have to take a quick shower" he says right when Z says: „I'm just gonna take a quick shower."

They look at each other for a second and then start racing towards the bathroom but end up reaching it at the same time.