Steve Harrington/Dustin Henderson| 005 Series #29

Imagine

Imagine... police having to hold Dustin back when you die. 

<>

You were all running after setting fire to the heart of the underground. Demidogs were chasing after you all. You trip and something wraps around your ankle... the same that happened to Mike earlier. 

"Y/N!" 

Max is the first to notice, soon everyone is at your side trying to free you. 

"Guys leave me go!" 

"We're not going to leave you Y/N!" 

Steve yelled back trying to untangle your ankle. 

"You have to lose some to win some, let me go!" 

"Steve, Dustin she's right." 

Max stands back, you told Max earlier when you made the plan that you wouldn't come out alive. She promises she'd help the others leave you behind. 

"I agree with Max, we have to go!" 

Mike agrees, Lucas followed then after looking you in the eyes one last time a crying Dustin agreed and stood with the group. Steve continued to pull your ankle free. 

"Steve. Steve." 

You place your hands on top of his making him stop and look at you with tear filled eyes. He knew he had to let you go.

"Get the kids back safely." 

Steve shook his head not wanting to believe what he had to do.

"I'm not leaving you Y/N." 

"You have to. Steve, I love you." 

He sobbed kissing you for the final time. Dustin and Mike pulled him away from you.

"Y/N!" 

As soon as you saw Steve's feet leave the hole, you began filling the tunnel with smoke, helping the fire kill it, but at the same point suffocating yourself. 

They all got out of the hole and as soon as they did police pulled up. Everyone ran away from the hole and turned to look back. 

"I knew she was going to do it."

Max cried, finally admitting that she knew your plan. 

"She knew she was going to stay down there. She told me the fire would spread and kill her quickly." 

Everyone was speechless. Steve began to spiral. 

"Steve, hey at least she went quickly." 

Mike didn't know what else to say. 

"Guys... look!" 

Lucas quickly screamed pointing to the hole, which black smoke was rising from. 

"She didn't burn." 

Max stated. 

"She's suffocating!" 

Dustin screams. He and Steve take off to go into the hole but two police officers are quick to hold them back leaving them screaming in terror as you suffocate yourself with your own powers.