3

Expectations

The human heart. So complex and intricate with tissues and cells. Takes 9 month to form in your mum's uterus.

Takes a single strong expectation to shatter the working of your heart.

A traumatic experience , death of a loved one or any physical condition triggers the surge of stress hormones which disrupt the pumping of blood from the left ventricle to the rest of the body. Causing intense chest pains which can lead to short-term heart failure. This is called broken heart syndrome

Now that the science behind it is known. Lets see the main cause. Which happens to be my topic today.

I believe. According to experience. The root of all emotions. Are expectations. Well mostly.
Anger , Sadness , Happiness , Disgust , Fear and Surprise are the six basic emotions. Anything other than that are a mix of 2 or more of the basic emotions.

All of them are related to expectations someway or another.
If you're feeling a negative emotion. It's either because you didn't expect that to happen or expected something else other than what happened to happen.
If you're feeling a positive emotion. It's becasue your expectations were satisfied by the happening of reality. Everything happened just like you wanted or something happened like you never expected it to.

It's insane how all these feelings are all internal. They're not external to be touched like the heart or the brain. They're all felt and the only evidence we have of basic emotions are the release of hormones at times we feel deeply

Otherwise feelings are just a pyramid of inner thoughts. Thoughts that stack up to form a negative or a positive emotion. It all depends on words we think about and how they affect us. And like it spirals back. If our inner thoughts match our expectations. It builds up an emotion. Depending on how paranoid the person is.

It all traces back to that.