Chapter 29

Previously:

   After what seems like forever I was able to track him down in no time. Once to the ground, I located him in, a noodle house...Why am I not surprised... Covering as much of my gi as possible, to avoid suspicion I made my way to the long-haired brunette who was conveniently moving to the back of the shop.

   Seeing him there all alone, gave me a chance to strike. As soon as his back was turned to me I was able to jump him in time, taking away his chance to even breath. Now he was laying on the ground groaning in pain and probably cursing for me to get off of him.

   "Well, that's a rude way to treat a friend" I whisper in his ear which made him tense up. Getting off of him I lean against the wall, waiting for him to finally get off his ass to talk to me. Slowly but surely he did get up until our eyes met, his going wide in pure shock and horror.

    "(Y-Y/n)?" he said as his voice even cracked in between. Holding back the urge to laugh I only smirked.

"Nice to see you again, Ronin~"

--------------------------------

    "W-what are you doing here," he said as he squirms out of my chokehold, but I held on tighter. Now usually I would be much nicer about this, but not with Ronin. The last time I did...he tazze me which only got me mad.

    "Oh...I'm hurt. I'm just here to visit an old friend" reply before letting him go finally. Keeping some distance between us, I can tell he was really irritated about me jumping him. So when he was finally free he did the most obvious thing, try to tazze me. Thank god I already saw this coming.

    So when he was about to even turn it on I was quick enough to pull it away and pull him down to the ground again. Without using any of my own powers I held a strong grip onto him again. Look I'm good at playing games but if it's the same game over and over, of course, I'll get bored. So I just stare down at him with an unamused expression.

    "I don't have all day and it's kinda important. Since you're known for being a snitch and a thief you're the one to go. So..where is the last aeroblade" I finally ask the big question. He immediately stops squirming and looks at me straight in the eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking and honestly, he's been stunned for too long. Changing one of my arms into a claw I place it near his neck. "Well, Ronin..where is it?"

    "Ha, you think I would even give it to you? Remember the last time I lent something to you. How long ago was that girly" he asks as a smug look goes onto his face. Looking at him only makes me flinch in disgust and push him back onto the ground. "Ugh, this is way too much for going down memory lane...I don't know okay"

    "Cut the crap already dude, I know you still kept one after all these years and this is really important. If I don't get it then that stupid Morro will hurt all the people I love" I finally yell out my real intention. At that moment it became quiet between the two of us. My back was turned so I didn't see any expression he had.

    "You know...the last time you've ever said that to me, it was back when you were still a kid...I never knew this is what happened between the two of you" he suddenly said, with such a softer tone than before. I can't even face him, but it's true. I've kept a few secrets away from the ninja and even Zane, of course. Not only was a rug rat at the time but I did actually know Ronin but he was a teenager when we met. "So times really did change after all..."

    Still, with my back turned, I couldn't even face him, my oldest friends. He was the one who use to take care of us back then. When Morro was sick we use to go to Ronin's old home to heal him, that's what he use to call home. So much has happened since then and we can't ever go back to that time, Ronin taught me that and I've cherished that lesson.