Mechanism

(This chapter was really hard to write. Still, I hope the chapter is fun and you enjoy what I have for you. Thanks for reading.)

Sariel and Irena enter an autobody shop through one of the garages. Once inside Sariel leans on the counter and presses the button for service once. Irena wanders around the waiting room. A few seconds pass and Alex comes from the back wiping off grease from her hands. Initially her expression is neutral but once she sees the two of them she gets annoyed.

"We got a real nice car out front that needs fixing. I'm talking a Lamborghini W2X."

"And where did you get the money for that car, Sir?"

"um... lottery."

"Must be a rare car considering they don't have a W2X model."

"Why do you live under a rock with everything but cars?"

"What do you want?"

"I'm going to an interview. Bob is out and I need you to look after Irena."

Alex gives him an incredulous look, "She can handle herself."

"last time –"

"Last time she saved us," Alex frowns for a second, "We need to leave."

"There is nothing wrong with this town."

"People stare at us. It creeps me out."

"We don't have the money to move again. Which is why I need to get to that interview and you-"

"It's only a matter of time! Irena sticks out like a sore thumb."

"We are going to stay till the end of the rental contract. In the mean time she can take on other forms and you can try enjoying some positive attention for once."

Alex opens her mouth to say something. The door opens. An African American woman with close cropped hair and shark modifications strolls into the room. Irena's eyes widen slightly. The woman takes note of the people already there.

"I know you all. You stopped the psycho girl."

Alex eyes the door to the back. She sighs.

"Mako right? Your bike is ready for you," Alex sets up a tablet and holds it out to her.

She ignores the tablet. To Irena she says, "I saw what you did. That was really ballsy."

Irena Slides away but after a few seconds she says, "You were still awake. How did you manage that?"

"Well you were too."

Irena shook her head.

"But you were walking around. I saw you."

"She can't stop moving. It's a part of her biology."

"Huh, like a shark. Right on," Delia holds out her hand for a fist bump.

Irena stares at it.

"Alex, I gotta go," Sariel ducks out.

Delia grabs the tablet signs her name and takes the keys from Alex.

"Can I show you around?"

Irena looks at Alex.

"What," she responds before heading to the back.

"Did you want to bring your friend? I don't know if all three of us can fit on the bike."

"No, it's okay. I have to work anyway."

Irena rides off on the back of Delia's motorcycle holding on tight. They pass the beach the woods and end up at the nearest shopping mall.

As They pass through the large double doors an alarm goes off. Irena slides through the doors and hides behind a display. The security guard approaches them.