Chapter 8

Lisa's Pov

I woke up to unfamiliar surrounding but with the safest arms on my waist. I lay there for a second to remember what has happened the night before. Yeah, Jennie happened.

Shocked would be exact of my feelings right now. Despite all the drama and tears, I remember the way she held me that night.

I guess she isn't really bad. Maybe just like I am with so many secrets that we've kept.

I've been wonder after all these years I am alone on this earth why would god cross our path. Is this a sign for better or worse. I couldn't wrap it around my mind.

Suddenly, I feel a shot of pain in my head. Oh yeah, I was crying last night.

"Argh! my head"

"Hey? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry if I'm such a burden last night." I look at her with sadness in my eyes and hoping her words didn't hurt me that much.

"Hey, you're not. Don't worry." Jennie smiles while looking at me. This smile is sincere this time.

"You can stay if you want." She spoke again her words surprised me.

"I have a request. More like a deal." I try to gather up my confidence to do this.

"What is it?"

"I want to get to know you more, can we be friends? As long as you can put up with me, as long as you want." I try to search for something in her eyes. I try to find hesitation in her but, there's none.

"I kind of like that idea." She shrug.

I stared at her for a minute trying to find her 'in your dreams' or 'I'm just kidding' but she continues to speak.

"You can come to my office at lunch. We could hang out together. You can come over when I told you to. In advance, I have to tell you that I'm bad at this human affection."

"I think I could work with that. But erhm.... could you—could you...." I'm afraid to say those words that might be an offense for her.

"What is it Lisa? You can tell me." Jennie put her hand on my knee. Oh god, don't, you making me even more nervous now.

"Erhm...could you tone down a bit your coldness and am I that annoying? If so, I can make myself talk less. I swear I can." I whisper those sentences.

"Listen here, I'll try to tone down a bit but with one condition, you have to tell me why did you cry yesterday and no, you are not and don't. Don't change, be you."

"Okay, I'll tell you. Haih, here we go." I take a deep breath to finish a story without letting a single tears drop.