Chapter 8 - Cindy

Jacob's POV

She hasn't attended school for a day, is it because of what I said?

Damn it, if she commits suicide, wouldn't it be my fault?

What if the police comes hunting for me?

My sparkling clean record would be tainted by this freaking girl.

Ughh, why am I thinking of her?

"Hello, you there?" The brown haired girl waved her hand at me.

"Stop it," I said coldly.

Sonia stopped and settled down as she arrived in class early. I took a peek at what she was doing.

I don't understand why I treat her like this but after all, I felt satisfied that she didn't ditch school and went on a date with Aaron.

I've seen her with that guy most of the times, they seemed close and that made my heart chaotic although I'm unsure of the reason.

Is it Love? No, it can't be ! How can I like this gorge- I mean ugly, curly brown hair girl.

" I bet you have staring problems " she finally broke the silence.

This sentence interrupted my thoughts. " Aren't you the one that did this first? I'm just merely returning the favor. Why are you so close to Aaron by the way?." I said mindlessly.

She shrugged her shoulders.

" It's none of your business," She said with her cheeks flushed red.

I felt aggravated and soon stopped chatting with her as the teacher came in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonia's POV

Jacob is a weird guy. He is petty, has a staring problem and lastly, a busybody.

The teacher strutted in and instructed us on our project.

" Class, we'll be doing a project on ...." he said.

The whole class groaned.

" Silence !" he implied, the whole class stopped and when the teacher only heard sounds of the breezy wind he continued, " your partners are going to be the one sitting with you."

The last sentence made me realise I'm going to be with that weird guy for at least a day,

or even two...

Well, it was a serious predicament for me considering that I annoyed him... somehow not giving him details about Aaron and I.

What was with his problem anyway, being interested in my personal affairs, I mean, he's not my folks or whatsoever. Well, I don't give a damn to what he's thinking about so.. I slapped my face, this time not mentally but literally. 

Lunch soon arrived, as I sat at the lonely corner of the canteen.

" Hey, um, do you mind me sitting with you? " a pretty voice came over the back of my shoulders.

Long, straight black hair with her amethyst eyes twinkling. She wore short jeans with a frilly pink top. A cute star clip held her fringe in place, making her forehead larger. Her dimples made her skin tone even prettier. She wears light make up, some mascara and light, purple eyeshadow. If I'm correct, some blushers too. All those make up made her even more ravishing.

She was basically flawless.

I wondered what she had to do with me since such a stunning beauty is coming over to a geek just to sit with me. Silence overwhelmed the atmosphere between us. She started off,

"So, I'm Cindy. You're Sonia right? You must be wondering why I'm sitting with you."

I nodded shyly as she flicked her hair.

Noticing my uncomfortable reactions, she continued, " I'm also a geek, don't be sorry that people might ignore me just because I'm sitting with you. I'm already being ignored and I need some company."

That shocked me.

With my mouth agape, I tried to be as friendly as I could by giving her a tiny smile.

We chatted for quite some time and surprisingly, we hit off quite well as we talked about the celebrities we adored.

She left me her phone number scribbled on a piece of paper, it seems like I've made a new friend. I smiled, my most genuine one.

What about Aaron, you say? Well, him? He's considered as one, I guess..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~