septum

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and check on Hoseok. Other than his messy hair and clothes, he seems fine. Despite being walked in on mid-make out, twice.

“Taehyung, I need to talk to you.” I quickly walk over and grab his arm, dragging him out to the hallway.

“Yoongi, You-you and the human… You-”

Shushing him with my palm, I tell him to calm down. “Listen, I really can’t explain this. I like Hoseok for some reason, so please don’t tell anyone, okay?”

The taller male pushes the hand off his mouth. “But you know you’re supposed to take his soul, right? You can’t fall in love-”

“I’m not in love.”

“Still. Hoseok has to die. And if Satan doesn’t get his soul…” Taehyung trails off, but we both know what he was about to say.

If I fail to collect the soul, I’ll be excommunicated from Earth and my duties. I’ll be stuck in hell, listening to Jin bitch all day, haunted by my ex, and by annoyed by Taehyung 24/7.

The blonde demon clears his throat and I meet his worried eyes again. “I just don’t want to see you lose another person you love again. After Jimin-”

“I’m not gonna fall in love again. Especially not with a human.”

There’s another silence and I mull over the events that have transpired over the past 72 hours Taehyung’s face was stern, an expression I never knew he could possess.

“Are you sure…? Back there, it didn't look like that to me or Jungkook.”

Gripping Taehyung’s shoulder tightly, I plead. “Just… Don’t tell anybody, Taehyung. Please.”

“Or what?” This stupid demon was starting to test my patience.

A devious idea comes to mind. I lean in close, mouth brushing against his ear. “I’ll kill Jungkook.”

Taehyung’s eyes widen in fear as I pull away from him. Now he’ll definitely keep quiet.

Jungkook’s head pops out of the studio and motions the two of us inside. On a bench, Hoseok sat and anxiously shakes his leg.

“You good? The two of you have been out there for a while.”

Nodding, I pat his head in assurance. “Everything’s fine, Hoseok. We just had a little talk.”

“If you say so.” He gets up off the bench and joins the group by the door.

I face Jungkook and Taehyung. “Why did you two come back so soon anyways?”

“I remembered I’m a broke bitch. Y’all got some coin?” The brunette grins and Hoseok smacks the back of his head.

He subtly slips a $10 bill in Jungkook’s hand. “Stop spending money on those games.”

“You’re the baddest bitch, Hoseok. I’ll bring you back a milkshake.”

“Extra large.”

Jungkook bows. “Of course. With fries. Yoongi?”

“Umm, some water.”

“Damn, don’t be a freak outta the sheets.” He rolls his eyes, sarcastically. “I’ll get you some McNuggets. Finna change your life my guy.”  

Taehyung and Jungkook begin to leave the studio, but the blonde demon turns around again. “Don’t fuck while we’re gone.”

Sorry it's a short chapter! I almost forgot to post it ;-; it may seem boring still but it's gonna get SPICY REAL SOON ;)