Casey

CHAPTER ONE

The sound of distant sirens fill Annabelle's ears as she tries to focus...

But what shes focusing on is the bigger question. She casually looks down and notices she's holding a dog toy. Instantly she starts to smile.

Casey's dog toy. Her favorite. A big blue steak. Why it's blue, I'd never really understand because honestly, it didn't really matter; as long as Casey loved it...

At that thought I instantly started looking for her, peering through the nearly empty park I can't find her, "Casey!! Come here girl!" Moments later a familiar big fluffy brown face appears around the corner.

"Wanna play girlie?" I then say to her and instantly throw a near by twig for her to fetch.

The best thing about Casey is she defines fun in her own way.

Instantly running after the twig sniffing around until shes 100% sure shes found the correct twig, picking it up, turning back to walk towards me but stops halfway there. She tilts her head to the side as if to say Wanna play girlie? Thoes big brown eyes watch mine intently for a moment later before running away with the twig.

"JESUS CASEY!!" I manage to huff out as I'm chasing her around. Gosh, to be a former volley ball player, I'm outta shape! I pause for a moment, my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

The sirens get louder.

"Casey?"

I don't see her anywhere.

"Casey!!"

Please answer me.

I'm starting to panic and it isn't helping the fact that the sirens sound like there is a firetruck right behind me.

Twisting and snapping my head all over the place trying to find Any sign that Casey is around.

That she's okay.

In the mist of my panic attack I feel someone watching me.

"Whos there!!" I scream, "My mom is a cop, don't you try anything!!"

Suddenly, I see a figure in the woods.. But it doesn't look.. human..

It just simply points to a tree and disappears into thin air.

I stand there, dumbstruck. I feel like if I move, even the slightest, my whole world will fall apart.

Then my mind takes back control over my body and I take a step forward.

Each step gets faster because the sirens are making the impression that if I don't speed it up, I'll get ran over.

Finally, I reach the tree, trying to figure out what is soo important about it until I look down...

At the bottom of that tree,

Its a collar.

And bet your last dollar,

That collar says Casey.

Tears flow through my eyes without my permission, I'd try not to, but I can't help it.

Shes my best friend.

All the sudden, a low, dark, deep voice inturupts my silent-like sobs.

"I'm sorry Annabelle, it's for your best."

I spin around, suddenly very angery. "Who are you! My dog BETTER be returned! She BETTER not be harmed! If she is.. I'll.. I'll"

The tall slender thing from earlier looked in my direction, making sure not to reveal any of his face from under his black hood.

"No need to be upset miss Belle. Casey won't have any problems any longer."

Still annoyed, mainly because he answered none of my important questions.

"WHERE IS CASEY?" I ask.

"Casey is gone my lady."

Casey is gone

Casey is gone

Casey is gone

Casey is gone

That is all I could think about.

That is, before I fainted.

~~~

I awoke up against the tree with Casey's collar in my hand.

Shes actually gone.

I need to get home, mom will worry.

I walk through the park dusting off my coat, skinny legs, and Vans as I walked.

I get in my car, but as I start it, someone sits up in the back seat.

My father?

Noooo. Hes dead. No. No. No. NO.

"D-Daddy?" I half whisper cry.

He opens his mouth,

But no words come out.

Just the sound of a siren.