Jessica

CHAPTER THREE

Well, right after my brief conversation with my mother, here I am rushing to the bus. Finally getting to the doors, I Step in.

One step.. Two st- And i trip. Normally, I'd never care if i trip, mainly because no one ever noticed me.

But today, everyone did. Echoes of laughter filled the bus.

"Ms. Smith," called out my bus driver, "are you alright?" He asked in a nonchalant tone.

"Yeah," I barely manage to say "I'm okay."

"Well. Take a seat please, we don't got all day!"

Making my way down the isle, I look side to side, trying to find a seat.

Nope. Too rude. Too pretty. He'd never let me sit with him.Not in a million years. Perv. I stop in my train of thought because I think I heard someone speaking to me.

My eyes flicker to a shy looking girl, probably a freshman.

"Hey, I'm sorry, were you talking to me?" I ask calmly so that I don't sound rude.

"Y-yes, I-I said Y-you can sit here if y-you want," the little girl stammered out.

My face warmed at the kind gesture. "Thanks!" I say before sitting down beside the little girl .

For moments on the bus felt like hours. Other than the few distant mutters, the bus was silent.

"Im Jessica." The girl whispered.

"Nice to meet you Jessica, I'm Annabell- Anna." I smiled.

I took a moment to look at Jessica. She had light brown hair braided to one side, she had light gray eyes, glasses, and a white sweater. I thought she was rather beautiful compared to my dark hair, and pale skin.

~~~

Eventually, we get to school. The bus stops and the doors open which in turn, people are flowing out like its on fire.

"Hey," I turn to Jessica, "walk with me?"

She just nods to answer me.

We walk together talking about school and teachers, I even got her to laugh when I said Mrs. Brown looks like a oompa loompa from Charlie in the chocolate factory.

We got to Jessica's building first and we said our goodbyes.

So now I head to my classes.

My class VS what I actually do:

Block 1 Geometry =  Look confused at a Board.

Block 2 World History = Asleep.

Block 3 LUNCH =  Library.

Block 4  P.E.  =  Fail.

Thats how my day goes. Except today, I was chased down by Jessica hoping to sit with me at lunch.

"Sorry Jess," I say apologetically, " I don't go to lunch."

"So where ya headed?" She asked her face full of curiosity.

"Library," I said, "I go every day for lunch."

"Can I join?" She asked.

"Sure." I said smiling.

~~~

Getting home after school I felt pretty good. As soon as I stepped in the door the aroma of spaghetti and garlic bread hit my nose.

"Moma mia! It smells-a good in here!" I say walking in to help set the table.

"Guess what mom," I pause, "I made a friend today." I stood there waiting for her to explode with happiness and sure enough, she did.

"OH HONEY THAT IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!" she exclaimed, "I'm so proud of you."

The rest of dinner was spent on talking about Jessica.

Heading upstairs to my room to take a shower. I walk over to my room and pull out some Hello Kitty pajamas. Not Hello Kitty's biggest fan but if it'll keep me warm at night then so be it.

Going to bed wasn't hard for me at all, in fact, I was out in less than 5 minutes.

Tossing and turning in my sleep, I finally start dreaming....

"Daddy!!" I hear a little girl calling.

"Yes sweetheart?" A deeper voice calls back.

"Can I get this one?"

Suddenly, the dreams background is getting clear. We are in a shelter, an animal shelter.

I smile as I watch my youger self staring at the puppy in the cage that would soon be known as Casey.

"Hey!" I call to my younger self, but I guess she can't see me.

Suddenly, my gaze fixes to my father. I miss him but either I'm going delusional or my father was staring directly at me. He had both a concerned and what-the-heck look on his face. I wave.

He walks up to me, "Anna. I knew one day you would end up here." He whispered.

"What do you mean?" I ask clearly confused.

"Your mom never told you. Anna," he sighs, "There is a darkness that I cannot overcome. You see Anna, during my studies I found out things that I had never dreamed of.. Thought to be impossible, and in this finding, I put not only myself into danger, but you and your mother also." His eyes flickered up and his face went pale. "Anna honey, I've got to go. I love you okay."

I didn't even get a chance to respond before a dark shadow sucked him in and he dissapeared.

The rest of my dream went black and the sound of a distant sirens filled the air...

A/N
Done ! Wooh!! How'd you like Anna's dream? How  about Jessica? Any suggestions towards what you'd like to see happen in this story just message/comment it if I use your stuff i'll dedicate the chapter(s) that I use your ideas in!

Xoxoxoxo love you all.