Chapter 3

After the impossibly large man left it was a peaceful quiet night, a lovely one that had settled over your home. With a nice long stretch you glanced around the dark roof top of the quiet apartment building. You smiled softly and glanced towards the horizon and watched as a few streaks of faint blue began to paint the night sky alerting you that soon enough the sun would be up. You walked along the edge of the roof for awhile until you were able to step off onto the top of the fire escape. 

Briskly you followed the escape down until you got to your own apartments dark window. You pulled it up and climbed into your apartment shutting it as well. Taking a glance around the small section of your apartment that functioned more as a storage room than anything else. You pulled your googles up to your forehead as you walked out of the small room. 

Exciting the storage room you entered your living and kitchen area. You noted the sleeping form on the couch. You heaved a soft sigh seeing her, and walked over to the teen. It didn't take much to wake her as you shook her shoulder gently 

"Your father again?" You asked in a soft tone 

She nodded a little sighing, "Yeah... You didn't pick up your phone so sorry I couldn't tell you I came in."

You shook your head, "Remember what I told you, if you ever feel in danger you can over here, no questions asked." 

You brushed some hair from her face causing her to wince as your fingertips brushed over a bright bruise that had blossomed over her cheek. You wished you knew Kaamakya for something else, but the first time you had officially met the quirked girl she was trying to get away from the abuse of her father. So you let her in. 

Later you found her trying to play a hero in a hoodie and a basic face mask. Your heart was warmed a little at her, but you had scolded her for doing this trying to live the life you lived. But she broke down to you, or more likely just the hero she idolized at the time saying she wanted to do something, anything. 

So one thing led to another and now you mentor a speed quirked hyper-active positive ray of sunshine. It wasn't as bad as it could possibly be, but she still had plenty to learn, and you still had to try to comfort her in moments like this. 

"Have you eaten?" You asked walking to your fridge

"I had half a sandwich before I got to meet the backside of beer bottle up close and personal." She yawned 

"So you didn't eat much." You hummed pulling an ice pack from the freezer

"I suppose thats true." 

You hummed and nodded towards your table, "Have a seat I'll make you something."

Kaamakya shuffled over towards the small table and sat down. She took the cold pack wrapped in a towel, she sighed softly as she pressed it against her face. You glanced away with a sigh.

"I'll be back." You stated as you walked towards your room