five;

❅

'Jungkook,' Taehyung gently patted his friends arm, trying to wake him up. 'I made you soup.'
Jungkook's breathing was quick and shallow, a sweat had broken out on his forehead and his skin was flushed pink.
Taehyung set the bowl of hot soup on the bed side table, making sure not to make too much noise, before he leaned forwards, raising a hand to move the soft curls that stuck to his forehead. His skin felt warm to the touch, almost too warm.
Taehyung wondered how he had fallen ill, he usually had a strong immune system and was unlikely to get this sick.
He stared at Jungkook's sleeping state, heart softening as his eyes traced over the boys face. Long, dark lashes that curled, casting shadows on the high tops of his cheeks. Lips that he had often dreamed about, cherry coloured, soft and supple.
His hand moved down to the side of his face, his thumb brushing over his cheek slowly, hoping the boy wouldn't wake up.
Taehyung sighed, continued to stare at the beautiful man.
'If only you knew. . .' He whispered, barley audible, brushing his thumb across his soft skin one more time.
Jungkook let out a soft groan, causing Taehyung to snatch his hand back before he noticed. He rolled onto his back, peeling his eyes open, blinking as he took in his surroundings.
'Jungkook,' Taehyung cleared his throat, sitting up straighter besides him. 'You're awake. How's your migraine?'
     Taehyung helped Jungkook sit up on his bed, making sure to place a pillow behind his back for support. He pulled the dark blankets closer to Jungkooks body and wiped at his face with a cold cloth.
    'It's a little better,' Jungkook breathed out, head resting against the headboard of the bed, eyes still closed. 'You don't have to do all this for me, Taehyung.'
      Taehyung looked down, mumbling as he spoke. 'Yes, I do. I want to.'
      'Thank you,' Jungkook said, opening his eyes to look at his friend. 'For looking after me. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're a good best friend.'
    Taehyung ignored the pain that just shot through his heart, biting down on his bottom lip to hide the hurt in his face.
    A best friend.
    That's all Jungkook thought of Taehyung as.
    Taehyung would be lying if he said it didn't pain him every time he heard Jungkook say those words. Even though Taehyung knew Jungkook was attracted to females, it still hurt that Taehyung could never even have a chance.
    'Anything for you,' Taehyung spoke quietly, bringing the bowl from the table into his lap, taking a spoonful to give to Jungkook.
     He chuckled lightly, taking the bowl from Taehyung's hands. 'I can feed myself, Tae.'
    'I know,' Taehyung looked down again, wondering if now would be a good time to tell him, before there was no time at all.

-

DRAFT VERSION