ten;

❅

'Watch your step,' Taehyung said as a Jungkook slid his arm around Taehyung's shoulder for support. 'Be careful.'
'Taehyung,' Jungkook whined with a frown as they stepped into their empty home. 'I'm fine.'
'You're not fine,' Taehyung said through gritted teeth as he tried not to hurt Jungkook too much. He set Jungkook on the dark sofa in the living room, putting a pillow behind his back to support him. 'You spent weeks in hospital, and you think you're fine?'
Jungkook looked down, his bottom lip jutting out slightly, a thing he had done whenever he was upset since he had met him. Jungkook's skin was still dull looking, the blue hues under his eyes were still there and he had lost a lot of weight.
'I'm sorry,' Jungkook spoke, lifting his head slightly to look at his best friend. 'I just hate that I'm suddenly like this,' he explained as Taehyung found his seat next to him. 'I hate that I'm so vulnerable now. It's like I can't do anything for myself anymore. I can't work out anymore, eat whatever I want, wake up early. I can't tire myself out, I have to always be careful, and soon it may get worse, I won't be able to do even the simplest of things and then one day I could-' he suddenly stopped, choking on his words.
Taehyung looked into his eyes only to notice that they were brimmed with tears.
'Hey,' Taehyung spoke softly, inching closer to Jungkook. 'Don't think like that, okay? You're going to get better, I'm going to be there every step of the way with you until you fully recover.' He placed his hand on Jungkooks upper arm, giving it a soft squeeze. 'You're going to get better.'
The boy sniffed, wiping at his nose with the hem of his grey sweater. 'Don't tell anyone,' he mumbled after a moment. 'I don't want anyone to see me like this.'
'Who would I tell?' Taehyung asked rhetorically. 'You're all I have.'
Jungkook stayed silent and Taehyung felt that this was the time to ask him.
'Jungkook,' Taehyung said after having an internal battle with himself, although he still wasn't too sure if he should be bringing it up yet. 'Have the doctors spoke to you about having a transplant?'
Jungkooks breath hitched in his throat, his hands had begun to shake and it took all of Taehyungs strength to hold himself together and not grab his hand and hold it close.
He nodded slowly. 'But I don't want to go through with it,' he shook his head, face scrunching up as if he was about to cry again. 'I can't stand the thought of someone else's heart being inside me, where mine used to be.' He placed his palm flat against his chest, where his heart beat, and closed his eyes. 'This is mine, sick or not. I don't want to live knowing that a dead persons heart is inside me.'
Taehyung flinched at his words, his spirits being crushed as he had wanted to donate his heart to the boy he loved, and hearing these words hurt Taehyung. He couldn't blame his best friend, though. If he were in Jungkooks place, he wouldn't want that either.
'But, this is your second chance,' Taehyung spoke slowly, not wanting to push Jungkook too far. 'It's a second chance to living healthier. Don't you want that?'
Jungkook stared at Taehyung right in the eyes, dark eyes meeting his own. The eyes that Taehyung fell in love with.
'And where would I get that healthy heart?' Jungkook said, jaw clenched.
'Mine.'

-

DRAFT VERSION