3

Friday came out quickly, Alyana driving with the twins on the back seat singing loudly to the lyrics of the song.

"Mommy, why did Dada say we're going to her house tomorrow and not today po? It's Friday!" Max asked, remembering the conversation she had with Miguelle this morning.

"Why tomorrow?" Allison whined dramatically.

"Your Dada has a lot of stuffs to do today, and me too, that's why I can't take you there." Alyana sighed, looking through the mirror at the disappointed expressions the twins had.

"Dada always has work to do. She's always busy. She always had something to do and it's always late." Allison said and crossed her arms.

Alyana felt her heart hurt when she noticed her daughter's eyes getting tears. One of the biggest issues between Miguelle and Alyana when they were still together used to be regarding her job. Miguelle worked and worked and would skip family time just for her job but having just heard Allison saying that made her think she would have to talk about it again with Miguelle. This time, it won't because of her, but behalf of their children.

"Alli, your Dada has a lot of compromises, responsibility and obligations with her job but she always makes time to be with you two. You're always together during weekends." Alyana tried to use the right words to make the little girl feel better but Allison keeps on crossing her arms while looking away.

"Why Dada doesn't live with us? Why we have to see her only on the weekends?" Max questioned this time, pouting.

Alyana didn't really know what to answer. When they separated, the twins were only three years olds, so they really don't know what was going on. But now that they are older they've starting to asked questions, a question which Alyana didn't know how to answer.

"Kids... sometimes adults get—"

The sound of her phone interrupted her. Even though she knew the topic will come up on the other day, she silently thanked being able not to have do it today.

The caller ID showed Miguelle's name.

"Oh, it's your Dada." She said cheerfully, looking at the children through the rear view mirror and feels stupid for faking a smile. "Hello?"

She picked up, stopping when the red light turned.

"Did you leave the kids at home yet? Nasa mall na ko halos kadarating ko lang din." Miguelle said on the other side of the line.

"Pauwi na kami sa bahay. I'll meet you at thirty minutes sobrang traffic kasi."

"Okay, magtitingin tingin na muna ako. Don't tell the kids we're going together! I don't want them to think Santa is not real—"

"Yeah I get it. Don't worry about it." Alyana responded laughing. "Tatawag ako agad sayo pag nakarating na ako diyan. See you!"

The call just ended on time as the light turns green. Alyana can't help but to smile about how serious Miguelle is on that Santa thing.

"Was that Dada? What did she say?" Max asked.

"Just work stuff."

"Why Dada is a doctor and you design houses?" Allison questioned, realizing that their jobs have nothing to do with each other. What a smart kid.

Alyana just smiled and ignored her daughter's question.

"You will see her tomorrow morning."

Alyana arrived at the mall fifteen minutes later, after dropping the twins at home. On her way there, she couldn't stop thinking about the questions the kids made. It made her realize how difficult it is to answer those.