4

Miguelle was standing by the coffee machine when she was approached by a certain doctor.

"Good morning, Dr. Pinlac." Confidently facing the woman, she was greeted by her pretty eyes.

"Oh, just call me Freya." She said as she playfully hit Miguelle's arm. "And good morning to you, too, doc. "

Miguelle and Freya have been flirting the last few days but Miguelle couldn't stop to drop the formality. Well, she has a huge reputation here in their hospital; she just wanted to be safe from any rumors.

"It is indeed a good morning pero sana maging better pa. I've been so stressed dahil may two deaths ngayon."

"Oh yes, rinig ko nga yun." Freya looked at her. "Those two were your patients, right?"

"Wala na rin naman tayo magagawa para sa kanila at this point. Yung isang patient may edad na rin and naka experience ng dalawang heart attacks in one year." Miguelle explained, holding her coffee.

"But still need mo pa rin mag relax." Freya said giving her a sweet smile. Miguelle raised an eyebrow, getting the tone of the woman was using.

"Yeah, I would love to. Any advice?" she said and smirked as her eyes briefly went down on Freya's body.

"Maybe... we can relax together, Doctor Lim?"

Freya was a confident woman. She bit her lips, making sure that Miguelle got her words right. Miguelle looked around, trying to make sure no one is looking at them then silently made her follow her to one of the empty meeting rooms.

-

Josiah and Stella smiled sweetly at Max's speech and clapped for him once he's done.

"Napaka-galing naman ng inaanak ko na yan!" Josiah exclaimed.

"You did great though try not to stutter, baby. It will show you're nervous." Alyana softly told her son, brushing the hair on his eyes to the side.

"Huy, Aya don't be so hard on him. Six years old pa lang siya, ang galing galing kaya ni Max." Stella added, sounding so proud for Max.

Alyana didn't want to be too strict on him but she knew how smart their twins are and wanted them to always do their best. That's how Miguelle and Alyana raised them.

"I think I do it better." Allison spoke up while playing with her phone.

"Don't say that, Alli, your Tita Ninang Stella and Tata Josiah is right. You did great, Max." Alyana smiled at her son.

"If I do well, teacher will give me a sticker and a chocolate and you and Dada will be proud of me!" he said happily.

"Just like they are of me." Allison added. Not too long, the twins left to watch television, leaving the three friends by themselves.

"Oh ano na teh. Perfect time na 'to for a kikay talk, don't you think?" Stella started.

"Pasali naman ako dyan sa kikay talk niyo para namang others oh." Josiah protested to Stella.

"Hoy Josiah makareklamo ka diyan as if hindi mo pa alam yung chika, nagkita pa lang kayong apat nung minsan ah?" Stella said

"Ano pa ba gusto mo malaman eh baka alam mo naman na lahat kasi for sure nabanggit na sainyo ni Miguelle?" Alyana asked.

Alyana was right; there wasn't something Josiah didn't know. She maybe one of Miguelle's best friends but she also cherished her friendship with Alyana too. It has been like that since college. Josiah always approved of Alyana as her best friend's girlfriend and same as Stella, she approved of Miguelle as her best friend's lover. They were more than happy when they announced they would get married.