Pink Milkshakes

"Osano! Osano! Hey, Osano! Get up, or else we're going to be late!"

Osano Najimi groans and pulls the pillow over his head, practically suffocating himself to block out the noise of the younger Yamada.

No, no, no. This was all wrong. This was supposed to be the other way around. With Osano banging on the Yamada's door like the police early in the morning, nagging at Taro and Hanako to hurry or else they would be late and continuing on as the three of them walked to school.

So why was Hanako here at--Osano reaches out from the pillow to retrieve his phone on the bedside dresser, squinting to read the time--6:53 in the morning. Osano screams into the pillow before getting out of bed and stomping over to his bedroom door, swinging it open as Hanako Yamada was mid knock. They stare at each other for a moment before Osano quietly (which was unusual and scary) asks. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Morning Osano~!" Hanako happily greets, paying no mind to the obviously irritated one. "I'm here so we can walk to school toge--"

"No, Baka! I know why you're here! I'm asking why the hell are you here so early?!" Osano starts walking towards the bathroom. He might as well get ready since he's up. Hanako follows after him, "I don't want us to be late for school~!"

Osano mumbled under his breath and Hanako blushes at the string of curses he was able to pick up on. Osano walks into the bathroom and slammed the door in Hanako's face, barely missing his poor nose. He stands there for a moment confused as he didn't get a clear answer. "Osano! Are we still going together?"

"Of course we are! Damn! You already ruined my sleep, Can I shower in peace?!" The sound of running water makes Hanako back away and let out a string of apologies. "Just get away from the door or wait downstairs! Idiot! Just like your lovesick brother!"

~~♡~~

"Sorry about waking you up so early Osano."

"Yeah, yeah just shut up, Hanako."

Osano's sour mood didn't diminish Hanako's ever-cheerful one as he skipped alongside his orange-haired friend. "Why were you at my house so early again? You know I meet you and Taro at your house."

"I know, I know, but," Hanako looks down at his hands. "He left early again with Ayano. He's been more busy with her ever since--"

"Ever since they started dating. I know." Osano finished. "Damn Baka. It took me a whole damn army to get him to leave the house 5 minutes early, but all it takes is one pretty girl and now he leaves before the crack of dawn." Osano looks at the shorter boy and sees a smug look on his face. "What?"

"You think Ayano is pretty, huh~?" Hanako teases him. Osano turns red enough to put his hair to shame and chokes up. "S-Shut up, Baka! That's not what I meant!"

"Yes, it is~!"

"No, it isn't! Shut up!"

~~♡~~

Hanako peaks his head into class 2-1, his big onyx eyes scanning the room partially filled with students waiting for homeroom to begin until he finds the familiar head of orange hair, head down and asleep on his desk.

The black-haired boy approaches the desk and pokes Osano a few times in the cheek with a pen. He stirs and cracks his eyes and almost groans at the sight of the underclassman. "This is...the second time you ruined my sleep, Hanako. This better be good or I swear--"

"CanIseeyourhomework?" Hanako asked so fast it took Osano a minute to decipher. Once he figured it out, he lets out an irritated groan.

"You wanna copy my homework again?!"