2. Captain Carter

Freya

"For god's sake, Freya! She's dying!"

"Over here!" I yelled.

The whole station was so crowded, we didn't even have enough time to get her to the healing room.

I kneeled down on the ground right next to her, she was shot in the back, her white shirt drenched in red.

I grabbed the knife from my bag, looking around to see all the eyes focused on me. My hands were shaking, I've never had so much people watch me do it.

"Freya!" Drake shouted, eyeing the patient lying right beside me.

Blinking several times to try and forget about the little show everyone was about to enjoy, I unwrapped the bandage around my waist, which had too much dry blood over it.

No wonder no one can stand me.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and stabbed the lower side of my abdomen, just like that.

A series of winces followed the action, along with people sticking their palms over their mouths. Some even looked away from me like I'm some untamed beast.

The first time I had to do it, I screamed fell back in agony, jerking every part of my body from the pain before I could even do anything. But now I was adapting

I was getting stronger.

I must be.

"What the actual fuck is she doing?" I heard a man hiss to Drake. It's been long since anyone's taken an interest in any of the investigations. "I didn't sign up for this."

"I told you she's one of a kind. A miracle to the department. Young, undying, and with one stab, she can heal anyone. Just like that." He snapped his fingers. "She's invincible."

Just like that, Freya. You're special.

It took a lot of strength to take out the knife, as usual. I whimpered as it dropped beside me, fighting back the the lump in the back of my throat to place my hand on the dying woman right beside me. I tried my best not to yell out in pain and make them more traumatized by me than they already are.

One breath followed the other until the woman was panting to regain consciousness.

I grabbed another bandage to wrap around my waist, which was all a blur of red. But I knew it wasn't going to last long.

Everyone stared at the woman in awe, and she grabbed my arm before I could escape the stares and run to my room.

"Thank you," she whispered, still breathless.

I nodded and let go. As weird as it is to live in a police department, it was convenient to flee there when I couldn't handle all the pressure. Sometimes, I feel like they get themselves in danger just to see me heal them. Just so everyone can be proud I'm their little secret.

But Drake's provided me with food and shelter ever since I could remember, so I'm not one to complain.

The bloodstains on the door handles and the clothes in my room were okay, but bloodstains on my joystick? They appeared in the weirdest places; I even found one in my MiddlePort Department coffee cup—horrible experience.

Long showers at least five times a day weren't that unusual for me, so after I'd had my fourth shower, I plopped down on the couch with my probably sixth coffee today.

All I could do was just sip on dark beans as I stared at the cooking posters in the room. Last time I gave it a try to eat something other than ramen was two months ago, but I wasn't giving up.

It was weird enough to have cooking posters next to gaming ones. Then again, who said I was normal?

Before I could enjoy my much needed lonesome tranquility, a crescendo of knocks scared the living shit out of me, making me drop the whole cup of sizzling coffee on my lap. I watched as the red on my skin faded out of sight in less than a minute.

"Coming!"

When I opened the door, I was met with Drake's greying mess of hair; the most remarkable thing about him other than his revolutionary detective skills, accompanied with the same man I'd heard bitching about my healing abilities. "Freya, this is Captain Carter."

More like Captain Complainer.

"We're going to have to borrow some of your time for this."

Two men in black suits standing right in front of your door with blank looks on their faces is never, ever good news.

***
A/N

Probably the shortest chapter I've ever posted, but I need to keep myself motivated for this story, even if it means shorter chapters.

Besides, I think it's better regarding the time gap between each update and all, and also easier for readers to read if they're busy and all.