5. I've Been Reincarnated As Squidward

Hisato

"Hisato?" Someone shook me. "Hisato, wake up, come on."

I opened my eyes to find Farah, because apparently every time I wake up I get to be graced with her face. There was a redhead right next to her, a wide grin on his face.

"Lydia!" I jolted up, looking left and right. "Where's Lydia?"

Farah grabbed my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye. "She's fine, calm down."

I shook my head in disbelief, so hard until I felt like throwing up. It was hard to even bring myself to ask questions. Everything seemed surreal; the gunshot passing straight through my head, Marie crashing into the window, being chased by the cops, everything turning black.

Then I woke up once again, staring at Farah? Nothing made any sense.

"Hey, hey, hey. Just look at me for a second, would you?"

I looked up to the redhead, shaking my head once again.

"Okay, this is going to—" He burst out laughing, slamming his fist on the couch hand.

Another couch, once again.

Farah looked at me, snickering. "Yeah, your hair looks like a raccoon."

My expression remained monotonous.

The redhead kept trying to contain himself from laughing—his laugh was actually pretty similar to a seagull. Or a cow. With that mini pause between every squeak. "Okay, okay. Look at me."

I looked at him, not even being able to furrow my eyebrows or indicate any sign of confusion. All this weird phenomenon made me numb.

For a second, his brown eyes turned blue, and tons of scenes clouded my eyes. It felt like I was another person viewing things I've never seen before. Farah suddenly disappearing from a room, a tall blond burning up a whole house, a sight of the redhead in the mirror—I was seeing right through his eyes—then everything turned upside down.

I opened my mouth to yell out in frustration, but a sudden wave of calmness washed over me.

The redhead's eyes went back to brown, and he tilted his head at me, his curly hair bouncing as he did so. "Did it work?"

"You—you're telepathic?" I blinked my eyes several times. Everything started making sense.

He grinned. "Oui oui. Anything else you got?"

My eyes travelled to Farah, and then to my own hands. "Farah can teleport? And I'm—immortal?"

"Bingo!" He gave two thumbs up with both his hands. "I'm Cameron by the way. Cam, Cams, Camera, Caramel, Ron, Ronnie—whatever you want. I've heard it all."

"But who's the blond guy?"

Farah rolled her eyes. "You know, Cam. I think you should go. Before—uh."

"Kicking me out of my own room in my own house—how courteous of you. 'Try to help people with powers they said. It'll be fun they said.'" He rolled his eyes before getting up, almost falling over before getting out.

"I'm confused—again."

I heard a thud, before putting my head in my hands.

"Listen, I know this all sounds crazy. Trust me, it did when I first accidentally teleported myself. Everything felt surreal. I kept pinching myself and staring at my hands to make sure I wasn't dreaming." I heard her sigh, but I didn't look up at her. "I wanted to tell you when you woke up at my house, but you were so lost. Damn, I was lost too. Everything's—complicated. But I hope Cam was able to help a little."