𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 (Doil)

" We'll take the highway to heaven.
       Any time, anywhere I feel you.
 "

Genre: Angst, Fluff
Pairing/s: Doil
Word count: 4541 words
Trigger Warning/s: Mentions of suicide and death

-

Doyoung gazes aimlessly at the dull blue sky, enjoying the peace and quiet on the rooftop of a tall building. The cold breeze hits him and he shivers a bit despite how many layers of clothing he has on. He's sitting down on the edge of the rooftop with his right leg bent down, and he turns his attention at the bottom.

Before he knew it, he feels himself getting sick at the sight. Doyoung has always been afraid of heights, and even when he has wings to fly with, his stomach turns every time his feet are off the ground.

Doyoung has always tried his best to get over his fear. After all, he's dead and is an angel now. Despite his fear of heights, he always comes to the rooftop of this particular building. Doyoung would often come here to relax, and somehow it works. Well, that is if he doesn't look down.

He looks back up to the sky once more and eventually he calms down. As a long sigh escapes his mouth, he could then feel someone's presence behind him.

"You're here again?"

Doyoung looks back and finds another of his kind – an angel. He recognizes the small figure, and almost scoffs.

"Aren't you suppose to do your work as a guardian angel?" The other angel crosses his arms, looking at Doyoung with emotionless eyes.

"Can't an angel take a break?" Doyoung said as he stood up from the hard ground, brushing off any dirt he has gotten on his clothes.

"You're just slacking off," the shorter male continues to scold Doyoung, "why do you always come here anyway?"

"Calm down, Taeil." Doyoung walks off, not sparing a glance at the other angel. "I only come here to relax."

Before giving Taeil any chance to respond, Doyoung immediately jumps off the building, his heavy white wings spreading out of his back, now searching for the person that he was assigned to guide.

As Taeil watches Doyoung fly off, he sighs with displease.

"What's relaxing about a rooftop anyway?" He mumbles to himself before flying off too.

-

While Doyoung was searching for a particular human, he starts thinking. Why is it always Taeil?

Every time Doyoung would try to relax, Taeil was always there to interrupt his time. It's been bothering Doyoung for a while, though he barely had the chance to ask Taeil. Every time Doyoung was in heaven, Taeil wouldn't bother to talk to him, nor spare a glance at him.

But for some reason, Taeil only talked to Doyoung outside of heaven. Actually, he'd only talk to him every time Doyoung takes a break. Maybe he was sent by someone to check on him?

Before Doyoung's thoughts could continue, he then looks down and finds a young black-haired boy wearing a backpack crossing the road, a Gameboy in his hands.

There he is, Doyoung thought as soon as he rushed down to get the boy – who is about to get hit by the car anytime soon.

Doyoung swoops in and scoops up the young boy in his arms, some of his feathers falling out in the wind. As the car passes by, Doyoung carefully puts the boy down on the ground.