𝓢𝓾𝓷 & 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷 (Doil)

When my moon rises.
       Your sun rises as well.
"

Genre: Light Angst, Fluff
Pairing/s: Doil
Word count: 4555 words
Additional note: happy birthday to taeil! also this is sort of a prequel to highway to heaven ^^

-

"You can do this Taeil, don't worry." Taeil said to himself, holding his guitar.

He takes a deep breath before readying himself to the stage. This wasn't the first time he had gone to a singing contest, but he wants to reassure himself first before going on stage. He wanted to show people his skills. Show them what he can do.

"Next up is Moon Taeil," Taeil flinches as he heard his name being called.

"It's okay," Taeil whispered to himself, "you can do this."

As he takes a step forward, he looks back and notices a bright white feather falling behind him.

"Another feather?" Taeil mumbled.

Taeil looks at the bright white feather with a suspicious look on his face. This feather would often appear around him randomly, and Taeil doesn't know why. Taeil turns his attention back to the stage and he walks out of the backstage with a smile on his face. Somehow, he felt encouraged seeing the feather.

Taeil holds the guitar properly, and turns his attention to the crowd. The smile on his face is still there and he starts to sing while strumming his guitar.

Right at the moment, Taeil felt calm, as if a wave of relief washed over him. He continues to sing, ignoring the stares from people. Whether it was with displease or curiosity, it didn't matter to him. He felt much more better without seeing their looks on their faces.

Taeil has always dreamed of becoming an artist in the future, showcasing his talents, especially singing. This singing contest was the first singing contest he participated in, so he practiced for it endlessly.

As Taeil finished singing, he stopped strumming his guitar and faced the audience with focus. He bows down, and left the stage, feeling satisfied.

Even if he won't win in any places, he's satisfied enough with how he didn't mess up. All that matters is that he tried enough. That's what Taeil thought to himself.

As he enters backstage, the bright white feather was nowhere to be seen. Maybe someone took it or threw it. It's a shame, since Taeil wanted to inspect the feather.

It was strange. The feather came out of nowhere, and it's not like a bird was inside the backstage. It wasn't the first time he had seen this feather too.

Taeil slightly shakes his head, I shouldn't be thinking about a feather.

After he thought of that, he takes a seat and watches the TV displaying on the wall, showing another contestant performing on stage.

-

The rankings came and Taeil didn't get in any place. Not even third. His younger brother; Donghyuck, who have always encouraged him to participate in singing contests, was frustrated.

"I can't believe it!" Donghyuck said, "Hyung, you deserve more than this!"

Taeil shakes his head. "Calm down, Hyuck. It's not that big of a deal."