Chapter 3

I was floating all over New York, and I didn't care what came in my way, because it all went right through me and it didn't bother me and then I fell as my alarm went off.

I opened my phone up, to check yesterday's message and it was Sam, and he wanted me to know that he was taking the day off, and that I was the boss that day.

I reached my office early, I wanted to start working on the project that Josie had offered me and I wanted to prove people wrong at the office, they thought that I was just some girl who needed a job to survive, not that it bothered me, I just needed to tell them, what the job meant to me.

The people at my day job didn't really like me, but at 24 you don't really expect everyone to like you, I didn't really care much about them.

They didn't recognise me outside office, and neither did I.

I finished the first draft of my article, and I sent it over to Josie for review and then I packed my things up and left the office.

The air outside was harsh, maybe the environment wasn't too kind on me, well, I didn't expect it to be. It was like the sun was angry at the wind, and it wouldn't stop shinning till the wind gave up, but the wind was quite stubborn, it didn't give up.

It was a complete mess.

I took a cab to La Musique, lifting the shutter up, I felt new and happy.

I queued up the songs for the day. I started the coffee machine and started grooving to Bohemian Rhapsody, and didn't realise that someone had entered the café.

Bohemian Rhapsody is my all time jam, I mean, who doesn't love Bohemian Rhapsody? It's freaking Queen! That song gave me strength to live each day.

I turned and there he was, Chris, just standing in front of me and smiling. I was embarassed.

My cheeks turned to a faint pink colour, making it evident that he had made me nervous.
Seeing me like this, that jerk couldn't stop smiling. Well, I don't really blame him, I turned into a total tomato of embarrassment.