twenty-three.

(sorry guys)

...

"w-what?"

everyone in the room widen their eyes as their heart stopped for a second. he coughed out blood as the knife still stuck in his stomach.

"who are you? you're just a worthless friend," chenle's father spat.

"sorry sir, i had to," he let out a small laugh.

"who do you think you are to stop me and get yourself stabbed instead of that demon prince?" the father asked as a smirk slowly creep on his face.

"you see sir, i'm his boyfriend."

"hah! so the prince IS a faggot," the adult laughed like a crazy person. "but think about it boy, if we kill this prince, our world will be safer than it is now-"

"then why wouldn't they just let him go?" jeno huffed. breathing made him cough more blood, but it was all he could do just to keep himself alive at the moment. "why would they keep him locked here and torture him? and why would they put a demon inside of him in the first place?!"

jeno is now in rage, which worry his friends at the moment. then, the knife got out of jeno's stomach in a flash making the boy's leg numb as he fell down to his knees.

"boy, do you even know that the prince wasn't meant to be born?"

silence. hearts beating really fast.

"huang renjun was an accident that no one wanted in our world," the adult gave out a creepy looking smile on his face. "his so called 'parents' placed a demon inside him so they could spread the word to the whole kingdom if the new born baby was cursed! and so it goes on.. the people now hates him. they FEAR him. no one wanted him at all."

silence was the only thing that was around them. the atmosphere was really tense, no one dared to make a single sound or even move a single muscle.

"well," jeno was the brave one to spat back to the crazy male in front of his eyes. "every children is a blessing to this world. even though that child was an accident, please give them love and affection, not fear and torture."

"yeah, i get that," the adult crouched down in front of him, glaring. "i've raised my child with love and affection-"

"YOU'RE WRONG!"

now everyone's eyes were at the young chinese lad, who's now hugging his cousin tightly like he just swore to protect him for the rest of his life.

"you know what dad, stop trying to be the perfect parents," chenle growled as he gritted his teeth. "yes i feel you and mom's love, but what's hurting me is that the both of you were always away from home AND not letting me to be with renjun ge!"