nine.

...

that night, all of the boys decided to stay at chenle's house until christmas and christmas is around more than a week. renjun, who's now sleeping in a sitting position on the couch with jen and jaemin on his side. now is almost 6 and the day is getting darker. the small chinese lad was sleeping peacefully on jeno's chest. his small snores could be heard and it's adorable. renjun is a person who likes oversized clothings. and he's wearing his favorite navy blue oversized hoodie for winter.

spending christmas in chenle's mansion was the best idea that jeno himself have ever thought about. suddenly, he remembered the time when he carried renjun on his back to his house. that day when renjun was in critical condition, almost lost his life. he remembered renjun's hitched breaths, his dry and painful coughs, his pale skin and exhausted face. that day, he couldn't let that slide at all. not after that horrible nightmare. a boy that he just met, but why is his heart tried to tell something to jeno. jeno rested his chin on renjun's head as he began to hug the older.

it was quite in the living room. the others were in chenle's room and renjun said that it'll be okay if he sleeps on the couch and chenle didn't need to pick him up to his room. jeno and jaemin decided to stay with renjun in the living room.

"hey jaemin," jeno started a conversation between the two teens. jaemin replied with a hum. "can i tell you another secret?"

"sure, tell me anything," jaemin smiled. he remembered that on that incident, jeno confessed to jaemin that he has a crush on renjun. it actually made him a bit sad and heartbroken, but of course, jaemin couldn't do anything. he can't break his best friend's heart only to steal his.

"i don't know if you're disgusted but if you are, you better not be friends with me anymore," jeno frowned.

"spill the tea jeno," jaemin tried to brighten up the mood.

"well.. i.."

"yes?"

"i.. i like you too, na jaemin.."

jaemin's smiley face turned into a shocked expression. his cheeks are now red because of jeno's confession, same goes to jeno. jaemin doesn't feel disgusted at all, he's really happy. all of the sudden, he started to tear up. jeno's first reaction was panicking. but the panic turned down when he saw jaemin was back to his smiley face while tears were running down his cheeks.

"y-you think i didn't like you, lee jeno?" he said softly between his sobs. "thank you for having the same feelings as me.."

jeno smiled by his response. they both didn't kiss, they hugged and yes, renjun was between them. the young lad magically was still asleep. "i-i never expected that answer from you. i mean, i know you're flirty and all but– you get what i mean.."