The Balance of Nature

To give you a basic understanding of the balance I am going to break it into two groups, "Good" and "Evil". Now, understand that there are many, many classes of magick within the two groups, but for now I just want to make the point of how to keep the basic balance. I will go over how to tell when some one is using black magick, how to center yourself, and how to use magick properly.

Now before I start this chapter I just want to point out that we each have our own unique gifts so this chapter is just a basic way of understand the Do's and Don'ts of magick.

Good - Typically deals with an association with life, charity, continuity, happiness, love, prosperity and justice. The nature of goodness has been given many treatments; one is that the good is based on the natural love, bonding, and affection that begins at the earliest stages of personal development; another is that goodness is a product of knowing truth.  

Evil - Typically associated with conscious and deliberate wrongdoing, discrimination designed to harm others, humiliation of people designed to diminish their psychological needs and dignity, destructiveness, and acts of unnecessary and/or indiscriminate violence.  Many religious and philosophical traditions claim that evil behavior is an aberration that results from the imperfect human condition. Sometimes, evil is attributed to the existence of free will and human agency. Some argue that evil itself is ultimately based in an ignorance of truth.

We all seek a balance between the two but can not always find it, in order to find a true balance for yourself you must first learn what you want in this life. Now I am not saying to go out and harm people then heal them, no, that would be pointless and rather silly. By "balance" I mean that there must be good within evil and there must be evil within good. 

For example, say you saw some one stealing from a store, you most likely would not run after an armed person to help save the store owner and whomever may be in there, but this is where you decide if you are good or evil, a good person would call for help and stay to clean up any mess and/or comfort those that were in the store. An evil person would just walk away, not caring what happened to those in the store for it has nothing to do with them and they are much to busy to deal with such things.

Now let's balance this, lets say you saw this happening but you needed to get some where in a hurry, is that wrong? No of course not, we all have things that are vary important to us, people that need our help, and things that must be done in our life, but how do you balance yourself so that you are not just leaving those people behind? How can you insure that they will be alright if you are not there to comfort them in there time of need?

Let's break that down a little shall we, we know that it is OK that you need to be somewhere else so that in itself is not evil, but what can we do to help those in need? That is just as simple to answer, you can balance out good and evil by calling for help, maybe staying until help gets there and then leave, maybe returning later on to make sure everyone is alright.

You do not need to be pure good or pure evil, because you can not have one without the other. Now lets look at another example. 

You get done shopping and return to your car to find twenty dollars laying on the ground by your car. The good thing to do would be to go back inside and report the missing money and if no one claims it to go looking for the person yourself. The evil thing to do would be to just take the money with out care and go on with your life.

Now to balance this problem, you could go in and report the missing money but if no one shows you may then keep it for yourself. Maybe give the money to some one that needs it more then you, or buy some thing that your family needs rather then using it on things you what but don't really need. That way the money is being used for some thing good and you are not just taking it for yourself.