Miscellaneous Spells

Other spells I find helpful. 

PMS Relief -

Tea - Combine equal parts of peppermint, catnip, and juniper berries brewed into a tea. Add honey as desired. Drink and relax.

PMS pouch -

You'll need - 

A small pouch

A pinch of lavender

A hematite gemstone

A white ribbon tied in a loop (for purity, and to allow healing energy to flow, but not stray)

A pen and a piece of paper.

First you must think about exactly what it is you wish to heal. Write it down using only positive language - so for instance, instead of  writing "I don't want to have period cramps" write "I want to be free of period cramps".

Take the first letter of each word, removing any repeated letters (e.g. IWTBFOPC) and write them down on a small slip of paper. Fold this slip three times to symbolize healing-three-fold and place it, along with the ribbon, the lavender, and the hematite, into the pouch. Carry the pouch around with you until the end of your period and then dismantle it, giving the slip back to the earth, and keeping the other items for use in further spell work

Releasing Anger -

For this ritual, you will need some quiet time, a red candle, a black or a white candle, paper and writing implements, a container in which to burn paper, and matches. Any other symbols, magickal gear, or accoutrements you wish to bring to the ritual are yours to choose; I'm just presenting the bare bones.

Once you have gathered your stuff and set up your quiet space, you will want to call in a circle to protect yourself, and to protect others from the energies you plan to release.

Face the east, and call upon the air to help you express your rage clearly, to help you focus mentally while you release your emotions safely within the circle.

Face the south, and call upon fire to help your rage burn up and out of you, burning away the past and the trauma that has enraged you.

Face the west, and call upon the water to help your emotions flow freely within the circle, cleansing your spirit and restoring yourself.

Face the north, and call upon the earth to allow you to safely ground your rage, and to sustain and support your through the releasing process. As you call in the directions, visualize a circle of white light forming around your working space, shielding you and protecting you with the elements you've called in.

Then when you feel the circle is secure, call upon the Higher Powers in whatever form you relate to them to work with you and shield you through the course of the ritual.

Now, light the red candle. By its light, begin to write or draw what it is that is enraging you, whether it be some form of emotional abuse that trashed your worth as a person, sexual abuse that made you into an object, physical abuse that broke your body's connection with your mind, or whatever. Focus on making the issues clear to yourself and the Higher Powers that you've called in. Focus on how the actions made *you* feel, not on the other person's guilt or motivations, or on revenge on the other person. (You can do this part ahead of time, if you want. I wrote a long letter to my mother explaining exactly what I remembered and felt out of our abusive relationship, being careful to keep it in "I-statements" and not start blaming her. Blame may be necessary for some folks, but until you release the rage within, I feel that you cannot assess blame rationally and safely.)