five: scott/kirstin pov

(scott)
I woke up around eleven, and Mitch and Kevin were excitedly huddled around me.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You have a power!" Kevin exclaimed. I grinned. I was starting to think I might not get one.
"What is it?" I asked.
"You can control light," Mitch exclaimed, "like make it dark or light."
That was it? It was a kinda boring power, especially considering that we were flying around with Mitch yesterday.
"Okay." I mumbled.
I got out of bed and walked over to the sink, feeling their gazes on my back. "Hey!" Kevin exclaimed.
I turned to face them. "Yes?"
They glanced at each other.
"Having a power at all is lucky, Scott," Mitch scolded me, "and yes, ours may seem cooler-" he glanced at Kevin, "no pun intended, but yours is so amazing. You control LIGHT! That's amazing." He held my hand. "You need to understand that your power is incredible."
I smiled. He always knew how to make things okay. "I love you," I whispered.
He smiled back at me, and blew me a kiss. I felt my heart grow warm at the sight of the love in his eyes. I was so lucky to have him in my life. I glanced at the clock, and gulped.
"Now let's get ready!" I suggested.
Mitch and I walked back to our room, and got dressed/prepared.
While we warmed up our voices, both of our phones buzzed. It was a Twitter message on our Pentatonix group chat.

taylor_k: Come to our room, big news.

—————one hour earlier—————
(kirstin)
The morning was quiet, only a few kids running around, their parents chatting on a park bench.
The air was humid, and it tingled on my face. I turned to face Avi. He was looking at the trees around him. He pointed to one.
"Look at that huge maple," Avi observed, "it's one of the biggest ones I've ever seen." He let out a quiet sigh of adoration. He loved nature, and its beauty. Just thinking about him made a smile grow on my face.

He turned to look at me.
"What are you smiling about?"
"You."

We walked a little bit in silence, soaking in our surroundings. The ground was bare of flowers, overgrown with different grasses.
"I wish there were more flowers." I noted. He nodded in response.
Suddenly, a little red rose popped up from the ground. And then another. The ground lining the path was flooded with scarlet petals. I froze. Avi turned back to face me, then noticed.

"I didn't do that. Did you?" I asked.
He was quiet but let out a soft, "Maybe."
I grinned. We found his power!
"How? How did it feel?!" I exclaimed.
He smiled, "Well, I was just imagining how beautiful it would be for you if there were red roses everywhere," he explained, "red roses are very romantic."

I felt my heart burst with love. He did that for me! I gave him a huge hug.
"I love you," I whispered, "so much."

We drove straight back to the hotel. We got in our room, and everyone was gone.
I pulled Twitter up on my phone, and texted everyone.

taylor_k: Come to our room, big news.

Once they were in our room, I prepared to tell them.

"Guess what? Avi can make plants grow!" I exclaimed. They were all wide-eyed.
"That's amazing, bro!" Kevin exclaimed. Avi smiled.
"Yeah, it's pretty cool, I guess."
He looked at a houseplant in the hotel room, and focused on it.
Suddenly, the plant grew to the ceiling, and flowers sprouted next to it.
"Wow!" Mitch exclaimed.
"Avi, that's really cool!" Scott exclaimed.
"So I guess all that's left are me and you, Scott." I said.
Scott tilted his head. "Oh! Right! You guys left before I found my power!"
"What?" I asked. How could we miss that?!
"I can control light!" He exclaimed.
The room suddenly got brighter. It was amazing!
"Wow, Scott, this is great!" Avi complimented him.
"Scooter, this is cool, but it's kinda hurting my eyes right now," I said, shielding my eyes.
"Sorry!"

We were all silent for a second. "Look at us. We have powers," Kevin spoke the words we were all thinking, "Isn't that something."

They all kept talking excitedly, but I got lost in my own hopes and wishes. I wished I could find my power; I wished I had a power, it wasn't clear yet.
Well, it was time for the show.

Maybe, I thought to myself, I'll find my power there.

A/N
I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to get out, I just felt low motivation/inspiration. But I did it. Here it is.