HENRY LAU

AmBw
_____

· fluff ·

· Jae's boyfriend meets her parents for the first time ·

· 625 words ·
_____
Cheap_weave_issa_NO
~  I hope you like it!

· 625 words ·_____Cheap_weave_issa_NO~  I hope you like it!

_____

   "Is my hair okay?" He asked while he ran his fingers through his hair.

   "Yes. You look fine." Jae reassured.

   "What if they don't like me?"

   "What's not to like about you? Besides, as long as you keep your manners and answer their questions truthfully, then it's on them if they don't like you."

   "What if I say something stupid?" She placed her hands on his shoulders and turned him around, towards the door.

He lifted his arm to ring the bell. "Okay, no one's here. Let's go." He turned back around towards the stairs.

   "No, Henry. You can do this. Just be yourself."

    "Right. I can do that." He nodded to himself. The door swings open and a tall man with black hair and goatee with gray hair looks down at Henry. His resting face is menacing and leaves Jae's boyfriend petrified.

   "May I help you?" The man asks glaring down on him.

   "Uh... I-- Me... No, I mean... We-- I--"

   "Dad, meet my boyfriend, Henry." Jae speaks.

He takes another long look at Henry before opening the door and letting the both of them inside.

You both sit down on the sofa nearest to the door. Henry's nails dig into his pantsleg and Jae places her hand on top of his to reassure him again. "It'll be fine."

   He nodded as he took her word for it.

Jae's mom walks into the living room and seems a little surprised. But, she sits in front of the pair and smiles like they didn't just see the look on her face.

   "Who's this, Jae?"

   "Mom, this is my boyfriend, Henry."

   "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." He stands, bows and shakes her hand. Then her father's. "Pleasure to meet you, sir."

   "So... Where did the two of you meet?"

   "-- At school--"

   "-- Korea--" The two of you answered simultaneously.

   "Okay, so which one is it?" Jae's father asked.

   "No, I was in school. Henry was in Korea at the time. We met and I didn't even know that he was transferring to the university I was attending." Jae clarified.

   "Hmm," her dad nodded along. "How long have you two been together."

   "Six years," Henry answered proudly.

   "Six years... And you haven't asked her to marry you yet?!" Her father slowly from his seat, an unpleasant expression formed on his brown face. "You think she's gonna remain your girlfriend forever?! Not in this household!"

Henry moves back in his seat, towards Jae, shifting uncomfortably. Her mother tries to calm her father down as Henry tries to calm his racing heart.

   "I-- I'm gonna ask her to marry me, sir. It's just--"

   "Just what?" Her father throws another menacing glare. Henry gulped and his fingernails find their way back into his pantslegs.

   "So... You say that you lived in Korea for some time, hmm?" Her mother changed the subject.

   "Yes." Henry nodded. "I've lived there for the majority of my life. My parents moved back and forth from the states a long time until I was in high school."

   "Henry, would you like some snacks?"

   "Oh, no thank you."

   "I'll get the two of you some snacks." She totally disregarded his words then stood and brought her scowling husband along.

   "You're doing great."

   "Quit lying."

   "I'm serious."

   "Your dad nearly attacked me and you're gonna say that I'm doing well?"

   "Babe," she placed a hand on his forearm. "He's been like this when I brought boys home in high school. If he doesn't jump up and yell at you that's bad."

   "Oh." He smiled at you, revealing his dimples. "I guess I'm on the right track."