REIKA-SAMA - 126

I continued to eat out with Ichinokura-san and Mao-chan each week.

Ichinokura-san really did seem to love food. The other day when I told him I felt like xiaolongbao, he replied,

“I know the best place. I’ll take you.”

It seems that he meant it because that weekend we ended up in Taiwan.

After leaving the airport we headed directly to the restaurant where they brought out xiaolongbao in those stacked bamboo steamer things, so we ate and ate.

Xiaolongbao is a type of steamed bun, traditionally filled with pork. One popular and common variant is pork with minced crab meat and roe.

At first I had wondered if there was any need to go to Taiwan just to eat xiaolongbao but by the end of it I was convinced. This was definitely the best xiaolongbao I had ever had. When I heard about red bean xiaolongbao I thought it was some mistake, but when I tried them they were delicious too.

Besides the xiaolongbao we also had steamed jiaozi and siu maai and stuff. By the end of it I was so full I could burst.

After that we went and bought some tea as a souvenir. Some Jasmine tea, as well as this other tea whose name caught my attention. Dongfang Meiren(Oriental Beauty). It was advertised as being good for weight loss, so I ended up buying it too. If possible I would definitely be onboard with burning away all that I ate today. I was so full that it felt like my stomach would burst.

I also bought a tea set with a cute drawing of a pigtailed girl. Drinking from this would probably be fun. It gave the right atmosphere.

There was apparently something popular with women around so I had a look and found a flower blooming in boiled water. It was flowering tea. I bought it without a thought. I could gift this to Mao-chan.

We never went to a single sightseeing location during our blitz tour. All we did was eat xiaolongbao and then come back from Taiwan. It showed me just how seriously Ichinokura-san took food.

But it was fun, even if all we did was eat. I wanted to go there again with somebody else, this time for longer. The problem was that I didn’t have somebody to invite… I’d rather not go alone.

When I got home I excitedly tried some of the flowering tea. But when I poured the hot water in, it turned out kind of gross. Like a bundle of caterpillar fungus… Sorry, Mao-chan.

*

*

*

I hated how it rained every day.

Feeling a bit gloomy, I opened the door to the salon to Kaburagi playing Chopin’s Raindrop.

The people in the salon were enchanted. It wasn’t often that he’d play the piano here but sometimes he’d feel like it and show us just how skilled he was in music.