[11]: Homecoming

2017 Queens, New York
"Amaya. . you look, absolutely beautiful."

TONY STARK DROVE AMAYA DOWN TO QUEENS so that she could meet with Peter. He exchanged a few words with the boy and more words with his aunt. Amaya wore a light pink dress that stopped above her knees. Her hair was straight and parted down the middle. She put half of her hair behind her shoulders to fall down her back, while the other half came down her shoulders. Peter bought her a corsage that matched her dress, and his tie also matched her dress.

Peter's aunt May drove the pair to Liz's house where they were going to take some pictures together before going off to Homecoming. Even though she didn't have a date, she invited them because she wanted to have a little group to go to Homecoming with.

"Amaya. . you look, absolutely beautiful." Peter said to her, which caused her cheeks to flush red as she looked at him.

"You look really great too." She said. Peter then knocked on the door, and a few moments later, Liz's dad came and answered, before scanning the pair up and down.

"You must be Peter and Amaya." He said.

"Yeah." Amaya said, with a smile on her face.

"I'm Liz's dad. Come on in. Come on." He said to the two of them, walking back inside of the house. Peter looked a little hesitant, but with her arm linked through his, Amaya gently squeezed his bicep and gestured for them to walk inside, which Peter did, unlinking their arms so he could follow in after her.

"Hi Peter, Amaya. You two look very nice." Liz's mother, Doris greeted them.

"Thank you. . and your home is beautiful." Amaya said, and Doris smiled.

"Look at that, so polite. You must get that from your Uncle, huh?" Doris said and Amaya nodded her head.

"Well, more like his fiancée. Aunt Pepper is way more polite than Uncle Tony." Amaya said with a smile and Doris laughed.

"I'm going to go get Liz." Her mother said.

"Okay." Peter spoke. Amaya looked at Peter's face and noticed that he looked nervous, and she gently grabbed his hand before whispering in his ear.

"Peter. . what's wrong, you look like you've seen a ghost. Don't worry, you don't have to answer. . just think it. . One of my powers is the ability to read minds." Amaya whispered to him. Peter nodded his head. But he was shocked. That means everything he's ever thought in his head thinking she didn't hear him.

She did.

"You okay, Pete? Because you look pale." Adrian spoke, Amaya listened in for his deeper thoughts before she heard something.

"We need to leave. He's the winged man. The one with the weapon from the Ferry, it's him!" Peter thought in his head. Amaya gave off no reaction. She only squeezed Peter's hand as an indication that she heard what he said.

"You two want something to drink? Like a bourbon or a scotch, or something like that?" Adrian asked. Amaya was surprised that he just offered two minors alcohol with a straight face.

"Uh, sir. . we're not old enough to drink." Amaya said. Adrian smiled while pointing his knife in their direction.

"That's the right answer." He said. Much to both of their relief, they heard Liz's footsteps approaching. Amaya just wanted to take the pictures and leave, especially if what Peter said was true about Liz's father.

"Wow, wow, wow, wow, do you look beautiful." Adrian said. Peter and Amaya both turned around to see Liz walking in the kitchen. She had on a hot pink dress that flared a little at the bottom, and also stopped above her knees. "I see pink is the theme this year." Her dad joked.