[6]: Washington D.C.

2017 Washington D.C.
"Goodness she's so cool. Avenger royalty, why waste her time with someone who's barely an Avenger?"

AMAYA ROGERS SAT ON THE SAME BUS AS PETER AND HIS ACADEMIC DECATHLON TEAM. They made up some story to get her to come along with Peter and the team as they were headed to D.C. because the people with the weapons were in Maryland and they were close to D.C. As Amaya sat towards the back of the bus with Ned, while their team went over questions, her phone started vibrating and when she looked at the Caller ID, she knew this wasn't going to be good. 'Happy' is what it read.

"Hey. . what's up?" Amaya asked.

"Got a blip on my screen here. You left New York? Amaya, are you crazy?" Happy's voice came back through the phone.

"Yeah, Happy, but it's no big deal. I'm on a school trip and I'm with Peter. Look, Hap. . I know I'm Katherine and Steve Rogers' daughter and everything, but tracking me without my permission, is a complete violation of my privacy." She said, looking over the seat, she saw Ned pointing to a new location.

"Well, that's different." She whispered to him.

"What's different?" Happy asked.

"Nothing. Look, Happy. . it's just the Academic Decathlon, so when you check in with Uncle T, tell him not to worry. It's seriously no big deal." Amaya said.

"Hey, hey. I'll decide if it's no big deal." Happy said.

"Happy. ." Amaya said.

"Fine, sounds like it's no big deal. But remember, I'm watching you, and Peter too." Amaya shook her head and hung up the phone and Ned turned around.

"Was that Mr. Stark?" He asked.

"No." She said.

"Thor?"

"Thor doesn't use a phone."

"Good point."

The three of them all looked out the window to see that there was some construction still going on once they reached DC. "Whoa, what is going on?" Ned asked.

"Damage control." They heard a voice. They all turned around and saw Michelle standing there. "They're still cleaning up from when Captain America and Femme Fatale took down those sky craft carriers for no reason." Michelle said. Amaya quickly whipped around.

"I'm sure Cap and Miss Fatale were trying to save us from tyranny." Ned said.

"That's what they want you to think." Michelle said.

"Excuse you. My parents saved D.C. that day. A corrupt organization called HYDRA had infiltrated my Mom's agency S.H.I.E.L.D. if my dad didn't make those helicarriers turn on themselves, and HYDRAs plan manifested, millions of people would be dead. He almost died to do it. Would that be better?" Amaya said to her.

"Whoa. . no need to get all uptight. I was joking." Michelle said, holding her hands up, before she walked away. Amaya turned in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest before mumbling.

"Well it wasn't funny." She said. Peter looked over at Amaya, before sliding next to her in her seat, and he laid his hand down on her knee, which made her look at him.

"Hey. . your parents are heroes. No matter what the media says. You're right, they did save D.C." Peter said, lightly nudging her shoulder, and she smiled. "I know my words don't take back what Michelle said, but hopefully they help." He thought to himself.

Amaya leaned in and kissed the boy on his cheek, before resting her head on his shoulder. "Thanks, Underoos. You always know how to make me feel better."