Tangled: Petty

Somehow my friends knew (and I hoped) that Sam wouldn’t be able to resist me. He left an almost nonsense comment on my facebook post, and I figured he was just trying to get noticed, just as always. This time, it was my turn to ignore him. It was always one of the hardest things to do for me, but I managed. Later that evening, he finally messaged me on facebook. I wondered what it was about, turns out he just shared a link of a funny video.

“Japs, watch this. It’s really funny. (link)”

“What’s that about?”

“Basta, panoorin mo lang.”

“K.”

“Ay, potassium? Basta, thank me later.”

“Yeah, will watch it first.”

I did not watch the whole of the video. I found it somewhat funny, but not that much. Then, I thanked Sam.

“Oh. Thanks.”

“Yeah. You’re welcome :)”

“Why’d you bother share it to me?”

“I don’t want to share it on my wall since I know a lot wouldn’t be able to appreciate it. I just shared it to people with healthy sense of humor.”

“Ah, okay. I hate you.”

“Huh, why?”

“You snobbed me for five days, you idiot.”

“You know me, I really am a snob. And I was pretty much busy with my life.”

“So ‘di mo na rin ako papansinin ngayon? Ganun?”

“Hehehe.”

“Pangit ka. Ayheychu.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

And just like that, we’re okay. Or at least he thinks we are. I think it’s my turn to ignore him this time, just to know how he’d react. Our friends and high school classmates always get amazed when Sam and I have a fight. For example, we were with our other friends and was just talking about random stuff when Sam suddenly annoyed the hell out of me. He’d do that when he’s in the mood. So I began to ignore him, and he was just smiling all the while. Then Sef asked me if I could cover his books, since it was the start of the school year and I agreed. Steven asked me the same, and I agreed.

“Yay, wala na kaming problema sa pag-cover ng books, thanks Jul!”  Sef said happily.

“You’re welcome, Sef.”

“Ikaw Sam, why so silent? Yung kay Sam, Juls, ‘di mo ico-cover?”  asked Lexi.

“Bahala siya sa buhay niya.”

“Bam!”  There went Sef’s expression.

Sam was just there, not speaking. Our chitchat continued for hours, but it was turning late and the air was getting colder. Sam knows I get cold too easily, so he went to sit beside me and I just slouched beside him. He sat nearer to me, and i put my hands around his elbow.

“Uy, okay na agad kayo?”  asked Lexi.

“Di pa ba obvious, Lex? Sa lapit ba namang yan, di pa yan okay?”  Sef answered sarcastically.

“Ganun lang yun? Wow. Ibang klase. Seryoso ba kayong hindi kayo?”

“Ay, malisyosa. She’s cold. Kaya ako lumapit. ‘Cause I’m hot.” At last, nagsalita rin.

“And I’m cool. ”

“Naks, parang fire and ice lang sa Breaking Dawn. Romantic. Pero mas nakakakilig yung petty quarrels niyo.” Lexi insisted.

We did not bother continuing the topic and changed it instead. We know that they’ll just keep on insisting that we should give it a try, being in a relationship I mean. But, what if? There’re never ending what ifs on our minds… And we really did not consider nor think about the possibility.