The Golden Throne

They all are chasing
the throne,
like it's the golden
gate to heaven.
why do they want to
rule the empire,
when they could rule
the world within?

-Anuraag Srivastava.

______________________________________

Current location || Zuela ||
|A country between the kingdoms of Azkaban and Akzoria||Zuela is under the Azkaban king|

______________________________________

Two men in the court of Azkaban whisper gossiped in their respective seats, completely aware of the king adorning his throne.

"look at our king!
seems like he's travelled all the way to Zuela only to fool around!"
Whisper shouted one of the man, side-glaring at the said king, subtly sneering at the sound of a high-pitch mewl from one of the many female escorts fawning around

"Baekhyun, the thing is....."

Baekhyun rose his brows, tilting his head as to why the other man stopped mid-sentence, mouthing a frustrated 'what!' He noticed that the other man looked tense and kept on glancing to where the King sat.

"what is it Chanyeol? You know you can tell me anything, my lips are sealed"

"....... His intentions are to send out some more spies to the neighbouring kingdom & gather Intel on the geographical layout for a possible attack ." Chanyeol said in a whisper so that no one can hear them.

"oh heavens, Revolt against the Akzorian kingdom!? How preposterous!" Baekhyun exclaimed massaging his temples, can already feel the subtle throb coming along his way

"this isn't rebellion........it's all about our desires." Chanyeol said with a small frown visible on his face.

As the other man was about to speak up to defend his opinions, the huge golden doors of the court room burst open. A young man entering with an awkward limp, despite the wary condition of his clothes & his obvious wounds, he looked effortlessly groomed. From his slightly chapped plump lips left heavy pants, his chest heaving taking large intakes of oxygen. A chain was held in his hand which was shackled on to something. It couldn't be seen as it was still behind the huge golden doors.

"Who is this insolent fool?" Gruffed the king, the woman around him scurrying away, mentally snorting that the man had some guts or was simply foolish.

The next moment, praises and gasps were heard from the men of the court as the huge figure of a white Lion came into view. "Marvelous!" "Exquisite!" "unbelievable!!"

The young man walked up to the King. His boots thumping at each step he took, head held up high, he kept a tense eye contact with the king. when he reached near the throne, still maintaining eye contact, clenched his right hand into a fist placing it on his left upper chest and bowed down shortly. The customary greeting. by the time, everyone in the court room had gone silent.

"Warrior Jimin.... Nice seeing you again after you vanished without a trace for like..." He turned around to his royal counsellor, who got the signal, and spoke with a bow "two months, your sire", "Ah yes yes, for two months?" inquired the king in spite, slurring with his wine in hand, acting oblivious of the huge beasts.

With Snickers rising here & there, followed by some filthy comments snarled. The worrior spoke with grit, "My king, I had ventured to the depths of the north & brought back this prized possession, a near extinct race of the feline creatures, the white lions"

"...............When did I order you to get a white Lion? I don't remember" laughed out the king with a disregarding, almost degrading look in his eyes, obviously mocking.