Chapter 3

your eyes are
so beautiful,
so intense.
tell me
what tragedies
enchanted them,
how many tears
have they shed?

                     - shilpa goel

| Floria |
| Florian forest |

_________________________________

Jungkook's POV

As I walked further into the deep, dense forest, as slowly and as steadily as possible trying not to make much noise, which I very obviously failed at. The twigs snapped and the leaves crunched beneath my weighty foot.

I looked around observing my surroundings, The huge trees loomed over me. I looked up to the sky which was covered with branches almost resembling a spider web, it blocked the sunlight but few rays managed to break through spaces between the branches.

The forset was covered in a blanket of fog creating a slightly eerie atmosphere, Few trees lost their leaves and were hollow inside, their skinny and almost lifeless branches bend downwards hindering me from trudging forward, I used my bulky arms to move them out of the way and walked down further, I could hear the soft rustle of leaves around me as I moved past them, I continued my small observation of the forest which was known for it's mysterious and unpredicted nature.

The ground was covered with thick grass and moss-covered stones. There are many bushes of wildflowers and berries which I barely recognize, not knowing the side-effects and advantages that would come from them, I wouldn't dare to consume them much less touch them.

The birds were chirping a soft melody which resonated throughout the forest, creating a peaceful atmosphere. I breathed in the smell of nature and earth, feeling Content. By such I was struck by a wish to merge in with this peacefulness, to live amongst these tranquil beings who cast the shadow which soothes me from the scorching sun.

As I walked deeper into the forest I encountered tall, thick, and inflexible grass which were almost of my height, they would be very hard to push aside for a normal man, but not hard enough for me, as I walked through the thicket of tall grasses pushing them apart all the while getting few scratches here and there, I came face to face with the most enormous tree I have ever seen in my twenty one years of existence.

The tree grew so thickly that there was no undergrowth at all. The tree rises upwards endlessly, the trees canopy above is faraway, like clouds of green. It's branches protrude like vines up towards the sky and brush the nearby trees like a paintbrush.

I stood there still shocked but with appreciation in my eyes, gazing at the tall and clearly ancient tree, slowly walking towards it, not noticing that someone was behind me, on the other end of the tall grass.

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

Third person POV

A barefooted, slender and lean figure wrapped with beige coloured knee-length kimono stood in the centre of the clearing of the forest surrounded by the huge trees, grass, and bushes.

A black face mask covered the person's lips and nose leaving only their deep brown eyes in the open, the persons face was tilted upwards to the sky, their silky long hair moving along with the winds flow, brown hair shining against the sunlight, eyes closed, eyelashes long thick and dark.

The person looked so peaceful, like they were in their own world away from the darkness of the present world, looked so pure, it felt as if they were conversing with the wind, trees, flowers; the nature. looked so calm, that it felt as if a little sound will make the person disappear.