Chapter 6

If we were seasons
I'd be autumn and you'd be spring
Every part of my heart would fall for you
Just to see you bloom and be in bliss.

                                                        - scribbler musings

Floria
| Florian forest |

JUNGKOOK POV

The egg yolk sun poured through the caves portal and awaited entrance into my eyes, my sight still in the clutches of the nights glue, remained shut, but i knew my conscious had to embrace the stubborn light, thus I hesitantly rubbed the dreams away and gave entrance to the golden ray. Thoughts of the dreams come and go in waves, thoughts of my precious brother, clinging on to my memory. The Reason, me missing my loved one dearly.

As I rouse from the heavy slumber I'm first aware of the coolness of the air and it's loamy fragrance, it bringing me peace. But my peace was disrupted by the sudden realization that my once snowy soft bed felt lumpy as if I were on a bed of earth and rocks. My clothes felt as damp as a flower in the dew of the dawn. I half wonder if I'm still dreaming, I give my brain a moment to shed the sleep away, to allow the visions of the night to give way to the day. 

As I became more aware of my surroundings, I heard gentle pitter-patters, my ears following the sound made my eyes come face to face with the very person who struck me with his arrow and now, with his eyes.

THIRD PERSON POV

"Have you come to apologize?" inquired jungkook with eyes curious. Unfortunately the recovering lad got no answer to his increasing curiousness. "Your aim is remarkable, both physically and spiritually" that made the slender man's eyebrows quirk the slightest bit, other than that he got no response. The slender hadn't even glanced at him.

By now the man had a Mortar and pestle by hand, crushing what seemed like an olive coloured herb mixed with a rotten-like fruit oozing crimson sap, the slender man giving all his attention to it, despite the act of crushing being a rather rough movement, the slender man was as gentle as the stroke of a feather. From the herbs description it seems like jungkook had no idea about what those gut churning herbs were nor to why they were being crushed.

Despite left deserted with answers jungkook continued, "You know, it's quite easy to misinterpret destiny as pure happenstance...however no one can hide the beauty, no one can hide the truth. It's meant to be seen and known. And destiny holds all the truth this world seeks....and it's beautiful as well.. Just like you." by now the small smile, stretching on jungkook's face was wiped off gently, his eyes being lost in a daze, gazing at the man in front of him.

The slender man though stoic and impassive, couldn't help but raise his head and glare out his refusal to the last three words uttered by the injured man. But his ears seemed to think otherwise. That seemed to snap jungkook from his trance, only now realizing that the three words he originally wanted to say and treasure in his mind travelled through his lips and out. "o-oh sorry, I didn't mean to say- I mean I did- uh - -" the words meant for cooling down the glare only fueled it more, resulting in jungkook just shutting up, his hand brushing the back of his hair, a habit he does when he feels awkward. Don't misunderstand, jungkook did see the red hue spreading from the slender man's ears to his nape, but decided to keep quiet about it...for now.

A few moments of silence passed by, of suffocating silence to be exact. The only sounds to be heard were of the birds chirping, the winds blowing and the herbs being crushed by the slender man. With every second increasing the awkwardness but also jungkook's curiosity, it had become unbearable for Jungkook to stay silent "so..what're you crushing?.. It looks quite..healthy.." no response, the normal reaction to being ignored as such would probably be growing aggravation, but jungkook seemed as calm as can be, rather fine with where this conversation was going, nowhere.