#2: A Given Chance

Oh no... The class door's locked. How can I get out of here?

"Help!" I shouted out loud.

"So, Kevin... You want to make your dreams come true?" suddenly, I heard a deep voice.

"Huh, Who are you? Where are you? Am I still dreaming?"

"Yes, you sleep often, you dream often."

"So, is this a dream?"

"This is. But not an ordinary dream. This dream connects you and me."

"What do you mean?"

"I can't actually talk to any human in real world, but now, you are having a conversation with me in this dream."

"Ow..."

"So, you wished for the ability to make dreams come true? Okay, I will grant your wish, but you have to make it useful to the world, if not, you'll lose it. Now it is time for you to wake up."

"No, wait... I don't understand..."

-------------------------

"Wake up Kevin!"

"Huh? but I don't understand what you meant by granting my wish."

"...What wish?..."

"Oh Mr. Grey! What I meant was... I don't understand the sirculation of bloodflow!"

"What do you mean? I'm a math teacher, I teach math, not biology!"

Yeah, Mr. Grey is my math teacher. He is not a really rude teacher, he is just a little bit high temperred.

"So, Kevin, where is your math homework?"

"Here sir, I've done every single equation."

"Heh. Are you kidding me Mr. Simon? You only have done 14/20 equations in your homework! And for that, you have to stand there at the edge of the class and write 'I promise I will never submit my homeworks late' fifty times on your notebook!"

"But sir!" Ah, so I finished my homework in my dream. Now I really wish my dreams can come true.

Shokingly, my dreams do came true. A spark of light falls into my homework and it's like the memory of Mr. Grey is erased.

"Congratulations, Kevin, you're the first one to submit the homework! And for that I will give you a plus!"

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"

the bell just rang and I think it is time to go home.

"Goodbye class."

-----(There's nothing special about my journey home, so I'll skip it)-----

"Knock knock!" I knocked my house's front door, but I think there's nobody home. I wonder where's my mom?

Fortunately, the door isn't locked. I quickly drop my school bag, change clothes and do my annual search for food.

Hey, I noticed a note attached to the fridge. It says...

'Dear Kevin, happy birthday. You are turning 17. I really wish I can be with you right now, but I can't. I'm on a special mission outside town. Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow morning.'

Wait there's another note,

'Dear kevin, I have left 10 bucks for you to fulfill your needs. It's on top of the table. XOXO mom'

Okay then, all I have to do is wait here and do what I want. I think I can read some books.

I quickly ran into my bedroom. I layed down on my bed.

"Ahh... Why don't I do this sooner. Whoah... It was a really heavy day today..."

I looked at my alarm clock, and stared for a second. I felt really sleepy then. I closed my eyes, and I went into a deep sleep.

--------------------

"Ouch!" I fell out of my bed and bumped onto the floor. It's 11.38 am. I went outside my room and realizing there's nobody home. My dream had come true.

I heard a sound of a monster. Now I know what happenned yesterday.