Chapter 9 : Why should it matter?

Hello, Hello!

How are you doing?

Even though no one asked, I'm doing great!

But that's probably not the reason why you're here...

So before I scare you guys away, let's get into it!

Enjoy!

Disclaimer : I do not own Fairy Tail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously on "Not A Dragon's Mate, A Slayer's Mate"...

"Didn't you hear what Gajeel said?! Get away from them!" Gray shouted once more.

"And what if we don't?" said one of the waiters, smirking at the slayers.

"Then you're digging your own grave! Just listen to what they're saying and get away from us before they kill you!" Lucy shouted, trying to calm down the situation before it got worse.

"Like they could kill us!" said another waiter, being too cocky for his own good.

The waiters got closer to the girls, but before they knew it, they were thrown into the wall.

"She warned you." Natsu said, fire appearing all over his body.

"You just dug your own grave."

Now...

"Gray-Sama, stop it!" Juvia screamed.

"This dipsh*it didn't make any sign of backing up! Why should I?" Gray said glaring at the waiter laid out on the floor before him, with blood coming out of his mouth.

"If you think that's how you're going to get us to go with you, you're dead wrong!" She snapped at him.

"Don't you dare take his side!" He snapped back.

"And don't you dare raise your voice at her!" Levy screamed while getting in front of Juvia.

"What do you think you're doing?" Gajeel said, getting irritated of how the situation turned out.

Before Levy could even open her mouth, all of Lucy's spirits got in front of the girls, creating a barrier around them and preventing the boys from getting closer.

"I'm warning you. Stay away from us before I make you regret it." Lucy said, threatening them.

"Aw! My baby thinks she has the right to stand up to me. How adorable!" Natsu answered, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Who do you think you are, talking to us like that? We may be your mates and you may be ours, but let me make things clear. Never think that you can show us disrespect." Lucy continued, ignoring what Natsu just said to her.

At that, the boys burst out laughing. The thought of the girls putting them in their place was utterly ridiculous. For the guys, they only needed to snap their fingers for the girls to be at their mercy. Making it harder for themselves to catch the girls was a choice.

"Stop laughing." Juvia whispered.

However, none of the boys listened to her. They continued laughing at what Lucy said like their life depended on it.

"STOP!" Levy screamed.

Still, none of them listened.

"Earth Wave!"