1

I wrote this story for you. Yes, you and whether a thousand people read it or just one. This fact will remain. This story was mine and now it's yours for the taking. Yours to learn from. Yours to enjoy. Yours to relate to. Until one day you inspire that one other person who's just like you. Welcome to the 1%

"It's none of your business! So just shut up already!"

Heartbreak. Loneliness. Confusion. The three things that can break a person. The three things that broke me. My name is Violet Amber and this is my story.

"So you're asexual then?"

"No, I don't think so. Well, I don't know. Why do you keep trying to label me?"

"I- Okay..."

"Violet!" Casey ran towards me looking up no good. "What?" "I'm bored." She whined holding my arm. "Come get lunch with me." She bounced around with excitement. "Alright, alright." I complied.

This is Casey Bryant. My best friend since seventh grade. She came into my life when I needed her most and she hasn't left me since. I'm grateful for that.

"Why's the line so long today?" I thought out loud looking at the cafeteria lunch line that seemed to go on forever. "Oh my God Violet. Hide me!" Casey panicked and hid behind me, easily with how short she is. "What's wrong?" "That asshole's staring at me again!" She whispered loudly subtly pointing towards him. "What a creep." I stated. "I know right." "Why don't you just tell him to leave you alone?" I asked. "Because I don't want to." Casey admitted. "Why not?" I asked, confused. "I like the attention." She responded with a smirk. "That doesn't even- whatever." I facepalmed. I've given up on trying to understand what goes on in her head anymore.

"We should ditch the upcoming formal and go to McDonald's instead."

"Yes. It's not like I have a date for it anyway."

"Virgin."

"You're a virgin too!"

"At least I'm happy being one."

"Oh, you hush."

I haven't always been this way. In the past, I had no friends. No true friends anyway. The few I did have only liked me because of my lack of opinion. Once I began speaking up for myself, they left without a word. But, that's all in the past. Now I'm in highschool and I've never been happier. I have a group of friends- nerdy as they might be and I've finally grown into my own voice. I've even come to the point where I interrupt the class.

"Does anyone know what 68 × 14 is?"

"57!"

But there's one problem.

"You have a crush on him."

I think I'm a late bloomer.

"I definitely don't." I defended myself to Casey. "You so do." She teased me with that look she always has. "Nick is an idiot." "So?" "So, I don't like him." I shook my head. "You never talk about your crushes." She crossed her arms and pouted. "Probably because I don't have any." I shrugged. "Impossible. You must've had one some point." She pointed at me. "How about that guy from the walking dead?" I said. "He's a fictional character." She told me. "It's not my fault all the people at this school are ugly." I testified. "Including you?" Casey raised an eyebrow. "Especially me." I laughed.