[4]

"Nong Mew, have you decided already what to give him? You have been pacing back and forth for a while now. Do you want help?" Boss frowned at Mew's actions. He cannot understand why Mew is having a difficult time in deciding what to get for his fan.

"P'. I can't choose. I don't know if I'm going to buy this soccer ball keychain or this panda," Mew responded to his manager. He knew that he was taking his time here and he has to hurry and finish shopping if he wanted to eat first before heading to the venue.

"What's the fuss? Are you going to give that as a give away later? I thought you've managed to sign those photos already?"

"No. It's for a fan who stayed with me for a long time now," Mew responded with a gentle smile on his face.

"Let me guess, that's for the fan who gives you your favorite fan gifts, right?" Boss smiled smugly. He teased his talent for he knows that Mew will not retaliate.

"Come on P'Boss. I haven't seen that fan yet. I just wanted to show my appreciation," Mew tried to surpress the smile that was forming on his face.

"Why are you so defensive? Okay. I'll just agree with whatever you say. And I bet your fan will like whatever you give. Or if you can't decide after this, why not get both? Besides, it's not like you're going to do this everyday."

"You're right P'! I'll just have it in a small paper bag. Thanks for the suggestion P'Boss," Mew smiled as he went to the counter. He asked for a small sticky note and started to write his message for his fan. After he finished writing, the staff placed all the contents inside the paper bag.

"Oh, what a lucky fan he/she is," Boss remarked in order to tease Mew but the latter guy is in a good mood already so he shrugged it off.

-x-

Aside from the traffic, Mew did not experience any inconvenience in locating the place that he will be conducting his fan meet. He was a bit surprised because this was the shop that his former lover kept telling him that they have to visit it. Unfortunately, with all the projects that he had, and his university responsibilities, they were not able to visit this shop. He sighed as he looked at the sign board of the shop.

He tries to shake off those memories that he had with Sam and brings out his best smile. What matters to him at this moment is to be able to give joy to his fans. He placed the paper bag on the driver seat so that he will be reminded to give it to soccerfan before he leaves. Boss saw Mew's gesture, and the young manager can't help but chuckle at Mew's gesture.

"What a lucky fan, indeed," Boss murmured as they got off their car.

Pree and Mild welcomed Mew as soon as they saw him coming. They asked Mew to enter the at the backdoor so he will be able to surprise his fans. Since Mew was curious about the equipment and materials that a milk tea shop/coffee uses, he silently observed the staff who were preparing drinks. He made a mental note that he'd probably visit the store once he acquires his free time.

"P'Mew, we'll be having the fan meet at the second floor of the shop. You'll sing acapella before you go to the stage right to use the guitar?" Pree asked him.

"Yes. I plan to do that N'Pree, if I remember your name correctly and he's N'Mild, right?" Mew felt triumphant when he saw the surprised look from his fans.

"P'Mew, would you and P'Boss like to drink something?" Mild shyly asked the two of them.

"We'll have them later. Once I've finished with the performance," P'Mew replied.

They continued chatting while he walked to the lobby. Mew saw that there stood a wooden stand that holds different cups and tumblers that can be purchased from the shop. He also saw the folded panda origami and his pictures in polaroid format that are clipped and hanged on the blinking white lights that surrounded the whole stand. But what got his attention is the folded paper cranes inside the mason jars. His eyes drifted and scanned his surroundings and he saw the different colors of the cranes hanged on the nylon thread.