Chapter 9: Something's Fishy

*The Next Day, in Long Beach Harbor...*

Shining Armor and Flash Sentry are going through the seafood market.

Armor gets multiple kinds of fish, and it seems everyone knows him.

Shining Armor: "Mack, how's the yellowtail?"

Fishermen spoke in Broken English, all from Portugal or Greece.

Fisherman: "Very nice, Shining. Very nice."

Shining Armor: "You can't get it any nicer than this, Flash. Fresh straight from the sea right to a skillet."

Flash Sentry: "What's with the fish thing?"

Shining Armor: "We can learn some things from Asia. They smoke a thousand cigarettes a day, they're completely stressed and overworked, and they drink like, well..."

Flash Sentry: "Fish."

Shining Armor: "And they still have the lowest cancer rate in the world. D'ya know why? Because all they eat is seafood."

Flash Sentry: "You can also never underestimate the power of Karaoke."

Shining Armor: "I do a poaching number. Six-ounce filet in a saucepan of brine. In 8 minutes, I could cater a goddamn wedding. Hell, I catered my own. Plain, but flavorful. And it's a great way to show off my Hollendaise."

Flash Sentry: "You make your own Hollendaise?"

Shining Armor: "Yeah, I do...(Hearty laugh)...Christ, what happened to us?"

Flash Sentry: "Speak for yourself, boss. I don't have a Hollendaise sauce."

Shining Armor: "But hell, you dress like an asshole."

They walk and talk.

Flash Sentry: "I think about that night a lot."

Shining Armor: "Me too. Every time I walk."

Flash Sentry: "How they were just there...Waiting for us...The fix was definitely in..."

Nothing from Armor. They just kept walking. Flash looks at him.

Flash Sentry: "Yeah, you know...I just...I just never really thanked you. I meant to. I just want you to know."

He nods. Armor shrugs, then gets some halibut filets.

Flash Sentry: "Tell her it's on."

Shining looks at him.

Shining Armor: "Yeah?"

Flash Sentry: "Yeah. Tell 'em to lay off Bo and them, and tell him it's on."

Shining Armor: "Any idea on how you're going to go at it?"

Flash looks to Armor, shaking his head.