Chapter 7: Watch Your Back

*At Tamara Sentry's house...*

Tamara is clearing away dishes from dinner, which must have been recent.

TV Reporter: "...The car-jacking, which left, (name pronounced inaudibly), mother of three, dead, had occurred last night..."

Flash glances to the TV and winces.

He peeks out the window for possible closure, but sees a black sedan in his mother's driveway.

Outside, Flash meets with the pair that step out of the car.

That pair is Sergeant Spitfire and her Squad Captain: Wind Whistler.

Spitfire: "I know you."

Flash Sentry: "You know my back."

Wind Whistler: "When'd you get into town, Sentry?"

Flash Sentry: "The other day."

Wind Whistler: "What for?"

Flash Sentry: "No particular reason. Catch a Laker game, heard we got--"

Wind Whistler: "Where have you been, anyway?"

Flash Sentry: "Oh, you know, just out there, roaming around, building up my collection of refridgerator magnets."

Wind Whistler: "You seem a little hinked up."

Flash Sentry: "Not at all."

Flash and Spitfire lock eyes.

Spitfire takes a cigarette from her pocket and lights it, taking a puff.

Spitfire: "I remember us having made some kind of deal, Sentry. I don't remember this deal having some sort of time limit, either. I look at you...here...in my town...and I'm really confused."

Flash Sentry: "Family emergency."

Spitfire: "I hope...*Takes puff from cigarette*...I hope it isn't your dear, sweet, mother."

Flash Sentry: "No."

Spitfire: "Or your baby brother. What was his name?"

Flash Sentry: "Beauregard."

Spitfire: "Yeah, Bo. Like the Duke boy."

Flash Sentry refrains from talking.

Spitfire: *Takes another puff* "I got a whole rash of thefts. A new crew's making some noise. We recovered a real big take last week. Thirteen cars--"

Flash Sentry: "And this has what to do with me?"

Spitfire fired back immediately.

Spitfire: "I don't know what it has to do with you, Sentry. But what I do know...is that you shouldn't be here. Take care of your business. I'll give you twenty four hours. And then, I don't want to see your face. Ever again. Make a fool of me once, that's my bad. Make a fool of me twice, that's really my bad, and I'll kick your ass all the way to India."

Spitfire shoots a burning glare at Flash, until she gets back in the car.

Spitfire: "Good. Because you know how it plays. Six years ago, I let you go free. But the next time...the next time sends you away for a long, long while."

Wind Whistler: "By the time you get out, asshole, there won't even be cars. We'll all be cruisin' around in spaceships."

Wind Whistler has a little chuckle, as the two drive off.

Flash watches them go, then, he just walks.