Part 1: Chapter 1: Introduction

Society has concluded that the only way to fully get along is for everybody to have the same opinion on things.

To make the idea work, a section of the government called The Industry releases a mind eating disease. It will fill the public's minds with the same information and personal bias through a rabid toxin spread in unavoidable and numberless ways; their personality is erased for the sake of society's cooperation as they become mindless and violent to anyone who rebels.

Yet lil' ol' me, a squeamish visionary of The Industry, decides to make a run for it when the new and improved system comes out. Knowing everything about The Industry and running off, they don't hesitate to chase after me. Just my luck. Not even a day into the plan, and I need help. Luckily I run into somebody. Or is it . . . not that lucky?

Now there's somebody here to help him stay out of The Industry's sight; but he's not the kindest soul.

~

"Whoever catches this disease has no control over themselves as they feel they must infect or destroy whatever being hasn't caught the disease."

"How's it spread?"

"Just about any way another disease can be caught. No limits."

~

"But what really worries me is how violent some of the infected become - they're almost rabid. They drag you down and bite and slobber and claw until you're either dead or destined to become like them." I ramble on. "Sadly only a few people react to the disease in such an obvious way. Other infected are much, much more clever with spreading their mindless sickness."

"You should've been the internet when you grew up."

~

How do I know so much? Well, I was there to make this so called revolution. A section of our government called The Industry made it, and unfortunately I was one of their visionaries. The Industry didn't give me the information on this mind eating disease - I gave it to them.

I'm ashamed to admit that, but now I realize how much of a mess it made. This disease was made to make everybody agree in one mindless mass to avoid conflict - not progress and make new ideas for the future.

So, everything seems like it's going to be swallowed up into oblivion. But even in a society where everybody eventually catches the disease of conformity, some are fated to rebel.

As for me, I'm still learning how to.