Part 2: Chapter 1: Flightless Angels

////ERROR////

We are sorry to say that we lost connection with our story. It is gone now. It is lost in the time line, never to be found again. You will never know what happens next, but hey. Lets move on and see another story.

////NEXT///

Angels all glide above and below the clouds, enjoying their wings. Yet one of them sits on the top of a tower only able to watch. His own wings are tattered and if he dared put his feet anywhere but the ground he'd fall straight down.

This flightless angel is Clive. Just Clive.

Clive leans his head on his hand with a sigh, longingly watching the others. He notices a single angel floating around a group of friends, clearly enjoying herself as she smiled from ear to ear. Clive doesn't know her very well, but knows her name. Everybody knows her name around here. They call her Tansy.

As if Tansy can feel eyes on her, she stops and glances back at the crippled angel sitting down. Her smile remains and she waves, but it all slows down and fades when she sees Clive's shabby wings. They're mangled and sad and filthy. The wings are no longer full and white everybody else's.

Tansy's smile shrinks and her hand drops. She tilts her head in question and points to her wings. The other angel shakes his head. Without hesitation the stranger sails over and lands on the tower with him. She circles Clive for a moment and stops behind him to observe his wings.

Clive turns only a little so Tansy can still look but he won't be blind to what she's doing. Suddenly Tansy puts both of her arms under his arms and lifts him up to his feet. Confused, Clive lets himself be pulled up. He looks to Tansy full of inquiry, but she only keeps her arms locked in place and scoots the two of them closer to the edge of the tall building.

Clive starts using his feet to kick himself back. The edge is too close. He can't do it. He can't fly.

Tansy stops and looks to him over Clive's shoulder. He shakes his head quickly. She nods quickly back in mock response and keeps pushing.

The horrified angel starts to panic and kick harder, but she just puts more energy into her effort. Clive pinches his eyes shut, terrified of being shoved off of his safe place. He feels a the drop and braces himself..but then he never feels the hit. He opens his eyes and sees he's being carried by the girl. Her arms are still securely under his as she flies them around. Clive looks around in awe...he's flying. He hangs there in her arms as the tower starts to grow smaller and smaller in the distance.

Maybe Clive can fly. . . . he just needed help first.