Part 2: Chapter 2

Clive enjoys the view very much as he is glided along. He hasn't felt air on his wings in ages. The black tattered feathers sail in the wind and he closes his eyes for a moment just to feel what its like to fly again. Its more than flying to him right now though, its like freedom, and he got it all thanks to Tansy.

He suddenly feels his feet touch something other than the air and his eyes snap open. No, no, he doesn't want to land yet. He looks back to Tansy instead of the floor of the tower to see her smiling.

"Why did you stop?" Clive asks disappointedly.

"You can only fly on your own when you learn how." She reasons softly.

Clive sighs and nods in understanding as Tansy lets go and stands beside him. She tips her head to study him. Clive looks rather sad that his flight ended so early.

"Its alright," Tansy says. "I'm going to teach you."

"I...I can't." Clive mumbles and looks to her. "Its physically impossible."

She playfully rolls her eyes. "Don't doubt a friend."

Clive blinks. "Friend?"

"Duh." Tansy smiles. "Stay right here, I'm going to go get something."

Clive almost smiles himself as she flies off. The girl's mood is almost contagious. He sits on the edge of the tower and watches her become smaller and smaller in the distance until she disappears. He wonders for awhile what she's going to do to help him. Its not like she can suddenly give him new wings. He only gets one and that's it. So how is she going to make them better?"

He swings his feet off the edge where he sits. Maybe he just has to trust this new friend a little more. After all, trust is where friendship really begins.

********

I'm sorry for the short chapter. I'm catching up on my stories and I'm panicking.