Part 2: Chapter 4

Hours pass as everybody gets what they need. They all went to a junkyard and grabbed scram metal and screws and everything they could get their hands on that wasn't being used a home for a rat. It seems really gross and kind of boring, but Clive actually enjoyed it. He got to be with Tansy.

Now however, they are back on the tower. Clive got flown back up there with help and all of Tansy's friends were assembling the items they collected earlier. They all chatter and don't talk to Clive much since Tansy seems to have claimed him as her new best friend.

She sits beside him on the edge of the tower and smiles. "See, this is going to be so much better than me carrying you around."

Clive shrugs. "Its...its really too nice of you guys to suddenly be helping me."

"Its really no problem." She reassures. She's staring into his eyes for a moment before her friends call her out of it.

"Oi, Tansy, stay out here with 'im while we work on this!" A guy shouts. "It's gonna be a surprise."

"But babe!" She whines a little through her smile. Clive slumps at the petname. 'Babe'?

"Stay here," He winks and the others all soon disappear inside the tower.

With the last few fateful seconds of the doors closing, Clive and Tansy are finally alone. Its clear something is on Clive's mind already, but he's a bit hesitant to ask anything about it. Luckily, Tansy can easily read expressions and has no issue pointing them out. Whether that's good or bad, is up to just the angel that talks to her.

"Is something wrong?" She asks and swings her legs contempt off the edge back and forth.

"Er -" Clive frowns. "Are you and him a...thing?" He asks.

She giggles a little. "Yeah,"

"...Oh." Clive replies. He forces a smile to make her happy. "That's cool."

She notes his awkward replies and nudges him. "I know he's one of the guys that ignored you until I pointed you out, but he really is nice."

Clive nods and doesn't say anything more. Tansy sighs when she sees his expression fall.

"C'mon, you can't be that sad about him." She says.

"Its...its not him." Clive replies.

"Hmm." She hums. "Then who?"

"You," He shrugs at her.

"Did I do something wrong?" Tansy already looks anxious.

"No, no," Clive flashes a nervous smile. "You actually made a really good choice."

"Then why so sad?!" She demands with a laugh.

"Eh...I don't think we'll be able to be friends if I say." He says.

"Oh, come on, I'm friends with everybody." She rolls her eyes with a smirk.

"Okay, um..." Clive fumbles with his hands. "I kinda wanted you to be single."

"Psh," Tansy scoffs before seeing his expression and makes her own fall. "Wait, you-?"

He nods. Tansy goes quiet for a moment before smiling again and leaning over to him. Clive looks up and sees her closing in; in shock he sits stiffly for a moment until he realizes he should be going in too. So he does. They're inches away from one another and the moment of fate is nigh when -

The tower door slams open and the crowd of noisy friends pile out. Tansy stops and pulls away and Clive is left with his head too far away from its original space. He's literally left hanging.