Chapter 6: A Dead End

Warning: Dark Content (Violence) ahead. Read at your own risk.

(-o-)

"What was that for?" I hissed in pain as I tried moving my hand towards my arm, only for it to fall short as I couldn't move it much further from the legs of the vanity I was sitting in front of. The blood seeped out of my arm, staining Audino's stitches he had given me earlier. Of course, a half hour didn't even pass by, and Seviper had to make sure that the wound had reopened.

The serpent Pokémon flicked his tongue, almost as if he was mocking me. I wanted to cry, but this Pokémon already had the satisfaction of hearing me yelp when he bit his gigantic red fangs into my arm. There was no way I was going to give him anymore reasons to feel superior.

This was the kind of punishment Gila had in mind when I couldn't find Lantana fast enough and failed her during the Celestic Town attack. Every time I would struggle, Seviper had the right to attack. I didn't have much of a choice but to endure the attacks. Gila called in the Krait twins to hold me down and tie me up to the chair I used for the vanity. My wrists were tied to the legs of the wooden vanity so that I could type on the laptop, but not anything else.

I turned my head to look past the laptop and into the dusty, grim filed mirror. In the parts that weren't dirty, I saw my reflection, badly bruised as I tried to resist the Krait twins grasp when they tied me to this chair. I should've known there was no escaping them when they walked into the room. I should've ran out of the building before Gila called them in. For some odd reason, I just froze. Why was it I always froze?

Because of my actions, I was officially trapped. If I even found a way to get out of this mess, Seviper would wrap his body around me, suffocating like one of her serpent Pokémon did long ago. I could try battling my way out of here, but that was impossible.

Sitting on the far side of the vanity were Swanna, Meinshao, and Audino's Poké Balls, all wrapped in some black coiled device. Hunter even demonstrated what would happen if they would try to get out of their Poké Balls. It was impossible for anyone to throw them out of their capsules as they were trapped inside of there. Gila made it known the longer they stayed in there, their power would slowly start to drain out of them, defeating the purpose of what a Poké Ball was meant to do, which was to protect them from harm.

A part of me wondered who would invent such a device, but then I remembered one person who would. It wouldn't surprise me if Nox, Rena's biggest rival in the inventing world, teamed up with Team Miasma. After all, he betrayed us once to work for Team Oblivion. It was because of that device, we were all in this mess.

There was no doubt in my mind Nox created that device, leaving me stuck in my chair wondering how much my Pokémon were hurting.

No. I didn't have to wonder. I knew. Every minute I wasted on not looking for where Lantana was, the longer they suffered inside those black coiled Poké Balls. I couldn't let them do it. They were hurting. As a Pokémon Nurs—no. I was no longer a Pokémon Nurse anymore. People only saw me as a villain. As long as they saw me like that, I could never go back to my old life of being a Pokémon Nurse. No one would ever trust me ever again. I had failed every single one of them the moment I joined Team Miasma.

Even if I could never return to my life as a  Pokémon Nurse, then as Swanna, Audino, and Mienshao's Trainer, I would have to keep them safe. They were still under my care. They deserved to be kept safe and not have to worry about what happened next. The longer I kept myself from looking up Lantana's whereabouts, the longer it would be for me to get the chance to heal them and make sure they were alright.

I adjusted myself as much as I could and started typing into the search engine about Lantana. While I did, I could feel the pain pinching my arm. That didn't come close to the pain my Pokémon were feeling at the moment, I was sure of it.