t w e n t y o n e

How the fuck did this mess happen?

This is the question I keep on asking myself as I watch Kara Mina Sara and Seoulgi sit around the conference table talking to reporters, agents, Korean and foreign calling in to check if the rumors are true.

My phone buzzes once more, and I am pissed. I answer the call without seeing who it is.

"Yes you reached Abbie Johnson, and yes I know about the rumors. No fucking comment!" I yell

"ABIGAIL JOHNSON CALM THE FUCK DOWN" I recognize Luna's  clearly upset voice on the other side of the phone.

"Omo! Luna jeongmal mianhae" I apologize "Aish...jinjah! You're lucky it's me and not some reporter" she huffs and I nod from an instinct.

"Ne..." I sigh.

"What is going on Abbs? Where did the rumors come from?" She asks "I have no idea Luna, I don't know what to do, I'm lost, I'm scared" I confess, tears starting to fall down my eyes.

"I'm coming" she says "aniya! You need to rest!" I object almost immediately "listen, the doctors all agreed I can leave if I promise to rest well and not overdo myself" she says "Luna..." I sigh "yeah...you don't owe me Abbs, I'm coming" she says hanging up the call before I get to say anything.

I decide that I need to relax.

"Sara can you please make me some food? And something nice to drink? You're the chef, it's Seoulgi's job to answer the phones, and the trainees will be back for lunch soon, Kara and Mina will help her with the reporters" I say

"of course I'll make you some black bean noodles and get you some sider" she says "you know me too well" I smile "that's my job" she smiles leaving the room.

An hour has passed and all I've done is stare outside the window, thinking what I should do next.

"I brought us the food Sara prepared, we need to talk"

I turn around and find Luna and Seoulgi standing with two bug trais packed with food, and a bad with sodas and snacks.

They place the food on the table of the conference room and Seoulgi leaves the room and walks to her desk.

The trainees are back from school early since it's a short day but we canceled all of the classes for the next three hours.
They have free time to do homework , study and practice all sorts of skills.

"It's time we have our talk" Luna says grabbing a seat across from me.

She looks different, more mature, she's wearing a baby pink pantsuit with a white tank top and nude heels.

"You look...different" I say sitting down "well, I figured it's time I dress my part" she says sipping from her soda.

"So, where do you want to start?" I ask "why did you stop the treatments?" She asks

Straight to the hard one ay?

"Well, It's hard Luna. It's hard to fight when you know you don't have something to fight for. My doctor said that there isn't any improvement and that the chances of recovering are small, tiny, and that it's most likely that I get sicker even quicker" I say

"So you just gave up?" She asks "I didn't give up, I accepted my condition and made the best decision I could make for myself" I say "even if it means dying?" She asks on the verge of tears.

Man this is harder than I thought.

"Luna, I am dying for a about a year now, I just didn't know I was, and even through the treatments, I was dying and I had to accept it. I'm tired and exhausted Luna, I have almost no power left in my body so instead of suffering for who knows how much time with the treatments, then dying, I chose living my best life then moving on," I say, and now she's already crying.