The Party

Torbjörn stood in front of the entrance to Winston's lab in Watchpoint Gibraltar, making sure to keep quiet. He moved to the right; he heard a loud creaking metal sound behind him. He flung himself around to see the Bastion unit attempt to hide behind a crate. Bastion craned his head as Torbjörn approached. He placed his hand on the Bastion, causing it to raise its head like a puppy.

"You need to stay out here and out of sight," Torbjörn instructed the unit.

Bastion lumbered towards another pile of crates, falling against them. It made a loud thud, which caused Torbjörn to jump in place. The Bastion made a sound that Torbjörn couldn't make out, but he didn't care. Behind him, he heard a loud fwoosh sound. Metal clanked on the ground, as Pharah landed on the ground beside Torbjörn.

"Torbjörn, I haven't seen you in forever!" Pharah yelled while pulling off her helmet.

"Fareeha, you've gotten so big," Torbjörn told her.

"I can't say the same for you."

Torbjörn gave Pharah a light punch before the door in front of them opened. Winston stepped outside, sporting a red tie. Winston greeted the two before escorting the two inside. In the center of the room was a long table, which multiple people sat.

You can put your armor over there, Fareeha," Winston told her.

Pharah put her armor in the corner of the room beside Reinhardt and Brigitte's. Genji sat at the table with Zenyatta, and the two had been chatting with Mercy. Mcree rested his boots on the table, letting out a light snore. Mei spent most of her time talking to Tracer and Emily about her time in Antarctica. Reinhart chugged a large beer mug while Brigitte tinkered with a small device. Pharah sat beside Reinhardt and Brigitte and began to regale stories from their past.

"So Genji, you haven't introduced me to your friend." Mercy said.

"This is Zenyatta...he's helped me a lot," Genji explained, not keeping consistent eye contact.

"He brought you chocolates." Zenyatta hummed.

"Oh, how sweet." Mercy said.

"They're Swiss, just the way you like them," Genji whispered, handing them to Mercy.

Mercy jumped in her seat when the entire table shook. Reinhardt slammed his fist against the hard oak while releasing a burst of thunderous laughter. His laughter was loud enough to even wake Mcree. Torbjörn tried to keep his composure but kept finding himself giddy with laughter. Pharah and Brigitte exchanged fighting techniques, attempting to talk over Reinhardt's laughter.

Winston sat at the end of the table, joining in Tracer's conversation.

"Winston, thanks for putting this all together." She said, patting him on the back.

"This is what I've always wanted, all of us to be here together. Only if Jack, Ana, and Gabriel could've been here." Winston told her.

"I miss em to, big guy."

"I wish could've met them," Mei told them.

"But, we're all here together, and I'm thankful for that." Winston smiled.

"It's bizarre being around you all, I'm just a normal person, and you all help save our world," Emily told Winston.

Mcree slung his arm around Winston, dangling on his body.

"Hey, Winston, when you bringing out the food?" Mcree asked, half awake.

"It should be soon, Athena is finishing up." He explained.

"Athena, how much longer until the food is ready?" Winston asked.

There was nothing but silence.

"That's weird; usually, she answers immediately. Athena?!" Winston called.

"Angela, do you ever miss the days of Overwatch?" Genji asked her.

"Occasionally, but Overwatch was shut down for a reason." She responded while carefully selecting which chocolate she wanted.

Mercy handed one to Genji, who placed it on the table for the time being. She offered one to Zenyatta, but he politely declined.

"After the whole fiasco at the Swiss headquarters, the public couldn't trust us anymore and don't even get me started on Blackwatch." Mercy told him.

"I am not like the rest of them," Genji explained.

"I know, but the public doesn't know that."

Zenyatta floated towards Tracer, giving her a wave and hello.

"Hello," Zenyatta said.

"Hiya," Tracer responded.

"My name is Zenyatta."

"Tracer, nice to meet you."

"Tracer, I saw what you did in King's Row, I thank you for trying to saw my brother Mondattas life."

"I still wish I could've done more."

"There is nothing to regret; you did what you could, and you should be content knowing you did what was right."

"Thanks, love."

"I still can't believe Overwatch is gone. What did you do after it was shut down?" Mei asked Winston.

"I've mainly stayed here, but Talon has been after me," Winston explained, still trying to get Athena's attention.

"Winston, can I show you something?"

"Of course."

"Snowball, bring my blaster."

Snowball hovered towards Mei, the blaster dangling below him.

"It's an Endothermic Blaster capable of creating ice from water in a matter of seconds."

"Something isn't right."

"I know it's still got some kinks..."

"No, no. Somethings wrong with Athena."

"Remember in King's Row when I crushed that giant exploding ball against a wall. I was afraid it was going to explode in my face." Reinhardt told Torbjörn.

"You had it under control," Torbjörn responded.

"You didn't have that payload uncontrol."

"And where was your input on how to fix it?"

"I was more worried about Tracer, didn't want her to get herself killed."